• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine Origins #3:Hidden Message Cover

23 posts in this topic

I love the idea of someone getting a variant and ITS actually a fan who READS the comic.

That's it in a nutshell, and what makes it a REAL variant and not a Manufactured Collectible like those other supposed-"variant covers" that are just retailer kick-backs.

It's surprising to me that some of my local LCS stores still weren't aware of this "secret message" cover. Went to one last week, they had 3 left. I bought 2, left 1 with the owner, and pointed out the "W", "50", etc to him so he could point it out to some other loyal customer. Didn't feel like being a pig and buying all 3. Then, the next day, I did the same at another store (bought 2, left 1).

So, with 4 copies, I decided to keep one for myself and sell the other 3 on ebay. Staggered the start times, and ran 3 day auctions. 1st copy sold for $29 with BIN. 2nd copy got bid up to $25 and sold for that price. 3rd copy ends tomorrow evening.

In the end, I'll turn a $9 investment into about $80-$90 in my PayPal account. Not bad, look forward to buying a nice silver age book with it.

Oh, and thank god Ramos will be off this book soon. I just read #44 tonight, and can't stand his style.

No offense, but that's pretty lame for a variant/limited.

Actually, this is the first true "variant" to be produced in a very long while. It was really on the retail shelves, with the rest of the books, sold at the same price and was not a "manufactured collectible" that automatically sold at higher-than cover.

This is a very cool idea, of going back to the roots and printing true variants that anyone could buy off the shelf. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Agree totally!! 893applaud-thumb.gif