• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine Origins #3:Hidden Message Cover

23 posts in this topic

If you haven't heard, Marvel shipped limited quantities of books to stores unannounced with the words Bendis, Bianchi, W, and 50 in the background. The words signify the new creative team of Wolverine at issue 50. Supposedly a very limited print run. It's the cover with just Wolverine, almost black and white.

Check your covers!

No offense, but that's pretty lame for a variant/limited.

Actually, this is the first true "variant" to be produced in a very long while. It was really on the retail shelves, with the rest of the books, sold at the same price and was not a "manufactured collectible" that automatically sold at higher-than cover.

This is a very cool idea, of going back to the roots and printing true variants that anyone could buy off the shelf. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yeah, it was a neat idea. Gotta ask Joe Quesada in Chicgao this weekend what the real ratio is/was.

Now it's going to take me longer to pull my books each week.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Don't want to miss any variants should they decide to do anything like this again.

1 in 8 or 1 in 10 is what is being reported...

I have yet to see one locally here, but prices are softening and if they are softening this quick, just wait to buy one...

Why is Wizard saying 1 in 100???

1 in 8 or 1 in 10 is what is being reported...

I have yet to see one locally here, but prices are softening and if they are softening this quick, just wait to buy one...

Why is Wizard saying 1 in 100???

Because they can.

Stupid Question: The "W" just signifies "Wolverine?" foreheadslap.gif Seems kinda pointless to have it, since it is on a Wolverine comic, and its obviously not for Origins since the title is very far from #50 and hopefully won't even last that long.

What if it's an upside down "M" for "Magneto." devil.gif