• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calling photoshop pro..You know who you are...

31 posts in this topic

The last two scanners I had both allowed you to specify which program would handle the result of the scan. All my scans always popped up in photoshop automatically.
OK this isn't bad. 893applaud-thumb.gif Now we're cooking.

But wasn't he talking about automating the whole process? confused-smiley-013.gif

I think Mica was going for the kind of posts that were not a specific asnswer. I thnik Mica wanted 7 non answers before real help was offered

tongue.gif

Ze-

Okay......I could go back and edit my posts........I apologize. sorry.gif

No ignore them Red!!! Don't go to the Dark side...run run very fast

Oh, cripes....I thought you were going to start claiming you were a photoshop expert too!........that was close! poke2.gif
He did post a photoshopped image last week but refused to answer where he got it from. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Trust me, he's taking a course somewhere as we speak. I know it. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Now that's scary. You can almost hear the maniacal laughter as he types. 893whatthe.gif

It's scarier than sitting in front of Paul Reubens at a movie theater.

Ok I forget how to make a shortcut key, button or step whatever its called. Heres what I need.

I'm scanning over 400 books and I run my scanner through photoshop becasue its easier to use then the scanner software. Instead of these steps..

clcik on file then click on import then click on my scanner isnt there a way to makeall this a one key step that takes me right to my scanner. I just cant remember how to do it or maybe I'm thinking of Corel.

Thank you for your help.

Rich

There are no dumb questions. There are only dumb people who should have known the answer in the first place.

acclaim.gif

Oh, cripes....I thought you were going to start claiming you were a photoshop expert too!........that was close! poke2.gif

I don't know how to do anything in Photoshop that you didn't teach me. makepoint.gif

Ok I forget how to make a shortcut key, button or step whatever its called. Heres what I need.

I'm scanning over 400 books and I run my scanner through photoshop becasue its easier to use then the scanner software. Instead of these steps..

clcik on file then click on import then click on my scanner isnt there a way to makeall this a one key step that takes me right to my scanner. I just cant remember how to do it or maybe I'm thinking of Corel.

Thank you for your help.

Rich

There are no dumb questions. There are only dumb people who should have known the answer in the first place.

acclaim.gif

or there is no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people asking questions

Yes but theres a few other steps I want to automate like size and dps so if I click one button it will do it all and go right to the save screen. I use to do this alot when I was in school and we had a project we would have to scan 500+ photos for. But that was a few years back. Time is money so anyway I can make things go faster the more time I have to beat my kids and kick the dog. 27_laughing.gif

Maybe you're talking about creating a photoshop "Droplet"?

Droplets For The Lazy

Never tried it, but apparently creating a "droplet" puts a small .exe icon that can sit on the desktop. You can then drag a folder icon to the droplet icon and photoshop will batch process/save all the image files contained in that folder.

Of course it means first you have to scan away like a madman, outside of photoshop, saving them all to a folder.

Yes but theres a few other steps I want to automate like size and dps so if I click one button it will do it all and go right to the save screen. I use to do this alot when I was in school and we had a project we would have to scan 500+ photos for. But that was a few years back. Time is money so anyway I can make things go faster the more time I have to beat my kids and kick the dog. 27_laughing.gif

Droplets For The Lazy

Never tried it, but apparently creating a "droplet" puts a small .exe icon that can sit on the desktop. You can then drag a folder icon to the droplet icon and photoshop will batch process/save all the image files contained in that folder.

Of course it means first you have to scan away like a madman, outside of photoshop, saving them all to a folder.

Yes.. using the scanner's own multi-page scanning function is probably faster in the long run than doing it inside Photoshop. It depends on your scanner software though. You'll also want to pre-set it for something like 200dpi. If you can preset the color/level correction, that saves you time later in Photoshop.

Scan multiple pages (book covers) into a directory, let the program auto-name them, then go back and rename each one later or batch resize them. Batch processing is a little harder in Photoshop.

Programs like ACDSee or Thumbsplus are a lot easier to use for batch resizing/rotating in my opinion.

Droplets For The Lazy

Yes this is good if you already have the images scanned, I use this to make thumbnails for all the sport photos I do for my kids school.

Thank you for your help.

Rich

acclaim.gif

Ex = a has been

spert = a drip under presure

confused-smiley-013.gif

Yes.. using the scanner's own multi-page scanning function is probably faster in the long run than doing it inside Photoshop. It depends on your scanner software though. You'll also want to pre-set it for something like 200dpi. If you can preset the color/level correction, that saves you time later in Photoshop.

I usually keep several different color profiles to load into my scanner settings depending on the age and 'blackness' of the comic. Silver and golden age books seem to need a differnet profile than moderns and black books need a different profile than light books. So I can do most all of my manipulations without having to monkey with photoshop. Since my fingers have now gained muscle memory of Shift-ctrl-s-(Enter comic name)-enter the save process is very quick.