• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Transformers Movie !!!

9 posts in this topic

I was never into this stuff, but I know alot of you fanboys here are...so here is the article :

All Reuters Movie News

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Transformers' Rolling Out in Live-Action Film

Wednesday June 11 1:54 AM ET

"The Transformers" -- the ever-morphing Hasbro toy line that spawned comic books, TV series and an animated feature -- are ready to change shape again, this time into live-action stars of the big screen.

Angry Films chief Don Murphy (whose next film is "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen") and writer-producer Tom DeSanto ("X-Men" and "X2: X-Men United") have teamed to produce a feature-length, live-action movie based on the popular brand.

The duo are expected to shop the project to studios shortly, and DeSanto said they have already received interest from a handful of directors.

DeSanto is currently working on a story treatment for the project before he and Murphy hire a screenwriter to adapt it for the big screen.

"Transformers enjoys an amazing fan base worldwide, and we believe that we can create an incredibly fast-paced, exciting movie that will be appealing to anyone who loves action films," Murphy said in a statement.

Added DeSanto: "Transformers is one of the properties I have been infatuated with for a long time. Like 'X-Men,' Transformers offers an amazing mythology with all the elements to create a successful ongoing franchise, iconic characters, global themes and a world that has never been seen before onscreen."

Introduced in the mid-1980s, the Transformers brand centers on a group of robots that are able to change into a variety of objects, such as cars, trucks, planes, ships and other technological creations.

The feature film will tell the story of an intergalactic war between two races of robots: the heroic Autobots and the evil Decepticons. When their fight comes to Earth, the future of humanity inevitably hangs in the balance.

"We loved the creative take that Tom and Don presented to us," said Jane Ritson-Parsons, president of the Hasbro Properties Group. "And for Hasbro, the center of our corporate strategy is extending our core brands in a variety of entertainment forms ... This is a franchise where the next story arc and the next destination is on the big screen."

The Transformers was introduced in the United States by Hasbro in 1984 as a boy-friendly toy line. But even though the brand has been around awhile, it enjoys continued success, with sales up 64% in 2002 over 2001, according to Hasbro.

Currently, they can be seen seven times a week via the series "Transformers Armada" on the Cartoon Network. According to Hasbro, additional television programs and comic books are on the schedule for 2004.

The only time Transformers came to the big screen was in 1986 with the animated feature "The Transformers: The Movie."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

F*ing Awesome! Best movie news I've heard comic book or '80s related in a while.

My favorite was always Megatron as a child. I remember purchasing it with my own money only to have my mom take it away when I transformed it into Gun mode. I still don't know where she put it to this day. 893censored-thumb.gif

You forget Omega Supreme! I have a probably c9 Omega - take him out every once in awhile and transform him into tank mode and have him chug around the tracks and it still walks perfectly in robot mode. I think easily the best transformer ever made!

F*ing Awesome! Best movie news I've heard comic book or '80s related in a while.

My favorite was always Megatron as a child. I remember purchasing it with my own money only to have my mom take it away when I transformed it into Gun mode. I still don't know where she put it to this day. 893censored-thumb.gif

funny story, i know it sucks that mum took it away, frown.gif893frustrated.gif but great story. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I figure one day when my parents move out of the house I'll find it in some box stashed away in the attic or basement. Well that's my dream anyway.

A few years ago while I was taking my comic book hiatus I went on a spending spree purchasing Transformers off eBay. That didn't last long when my future wife found out. I tired to pass them off as table decorations. I got laughed at. Wonder why? 27_laughing.gif

Whatever they do with this movie - they had better not kill Optimus this time! Just watched the original movie dvd with my 5 year old last week and he about had a spasm when they killed Optimus 20 minutes into the movie! I never liked that either - the good guys shouldn't die! Forgot all the great voices in the original - Robert Stack as Rodimus Prime and Orson freakin' Welles as the voice of Unicron! As a side note, Newsweek had a 2 page story on the Hulk movie today and they said it rocked! Said the overall story was very good and said Hulk looked better than Golum from LOTR! That made me feel a lot better about the movies' prospects.