• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone ever read this comic?!

4 posts in this topic

This is my version of 'name that tune.'

It seems like I remember having this comic as a kid, but I'm not sure. I distinctly remember a Green Arrow/Black Canary battle against the Hellgrammite (when I thought the HG was the scaries super villian I had ever seen!) and I know this issue features the above. I can't recall the Supes - Batman story but the cover looks familiar.

Any help in jogging my memory would be appreciated. I'm currently searching for all the comics I owned as a kid and this may be one. grin.gif

189192-WF248.jpg.5b2648ca8b35a1fdd9db14cd758ac27e.jpg

I'm not really sure what the question is... I did read all the early WF dollar comics, but they're stored away. The GA/BC story does feature Hellgrammite, as does the next issue (#249). The Superman/Batman story was a Bob Haney job, likely completely forgettable. This book is also notable for the last Vigilante art by Gray Morrow-- with the next issue Ditko's Creeper joins the table of contents. Incidentally, Hellgrammite first showed up in the Batman/Creeper team-up in Brave & Bold #80, with art by Neal Adams.

Hope that helps...

I'm not really sure what the question is... I did read all the early WF dollar comics, but they're stored away. The GA/BC story does feature Hellgrammite, as does the next issue (#249). The Superman/Batman story was a Bob Haney job, likely completely forgettable. This book is also notable for the last Vigilante art by Gray Morrow-- with the next issue Ditko's Creeper joins the table of contents. Incidentally, Hellgrammite first showed up in the Batman/Creeper team-up in Brave & Bold #80, with art by Neal Adams.

Hope that helps...

Thanks! It does..