• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC- Super-Pacs

17 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever sent in books to be graded still sealed in the Super-Pac....CGC says they will accept them with a note instructing them it's OK to open....do you think its a good idea?

Jonny D.

sure,especially the middle book. there was a batman 251 multi pak on ebay recently. the gloss and pPQ qil lbe fantastic...sometimes ther are rough corners or indentations on the outside books though. But it is worth it IMO.

I can't even tell what the middle book is...the two outside are Superboy 225 and Wonder Woman #229...I know the inside is an Adventure , but not sure which one....it's a 30 cent book so my guess is one of the Aquaman series.

Has anyone ever sent in books to be graded still sealed in the Super-Pac....CGC says they will accept them with a note instructing them it's OK to open....do you think its a good idea?

Jonny D.

Wasn't there a post on this board about someone getting a comic from a supposedly sealed pac of old books and it turned up to be color touched when CGC graded?? Anyone remember this? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

yeah i think so.....u can probably check the issues and dates in the guide and estimate which # it is.....too bad it was not a spectre issue. a 9.8 would bring $$.

I cracked a DC-8 Superpac and sent in the Batman 251, Superboy 197 and Shazam 8. The Batman came back a 9.4 White, the Shazam 8 a 9.4 White and the Superboy 197 (the middle book) a 9.6 White. MANY times with DC Superpacs (and Marvels as well) the books will have creases on the spines as people have tried to see what the middle book is.

I

MANY times with DC Superpacs (and Marvels as well) the books will have creases on the spines as people have tried to see what the middle book is.

Yeah I agree...I've even heard of the outside books coming back at 9.0...but I looked them over pretty good...they seem good..at least a 9.4 if not 9.6.

J.D.

Wasn't there a post on this board about someone getting a comic from a supposedly sealed pac of old books and it turned up to be color touched when CGC graded?? Anyone remember this? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

linkaroonie

This is interesting cuz I have a slew of these multi pacs.

Do you think these are worth breaking them open to grade:

Laurel and Hardy 1

Shadow 1 (middle)

Supergirl 1 (middle)

Shazam 1 (middle)

Adams Batmans

Do they command nice prices if they are 9.4 or 9.6?

I cracked a DC-8 Superpac and sent in the Batman 251, Superboy 197 and Shazam 8. The Batman came back a 9.4 White, the Shazam 8 a 9.4 White and the Superboy 197 (the middle book) a 9.6 White. MANY times with DC Superpacs (and Marvels as well) the books will have creases on the spines as people have tried to see what the middle book is.

You smoking crack Dan?

That pack doesn't have a Shazam 8. Number 8 is the friggin' 100 page giant! sumo.gif

You smoking crack Dan?

That pack doesn't have a Shazam 8. Number 8 is the friggin' 100 page giant! sumo.gif

SHAZAM !! Super-Spec in a Super-Pak That was a good deal !! laugh.gif