• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A complete set from a publisher?

24 posts in this topic

I am kind of suprised that someone doesn't have a set of Comico, Continuity, Innovation, Topps,etc.-companies of fairly recent vintage that you can get most of their comics for very cheap prices and had less than 200 total comics.

I was thinking about that lady that supposedly has a near complete set of DC. If this is true then she has over 20,000 DC comics. This is just amazing and surely the envy of most every comics collector.

Mike's site DC Indexes says that there are 29,479 DC comics as of early May 2003.

DC Indexes

He states that he needs about 5,000 comics to have them all. Whew, what a goal!

I find this thread interesting because I've never set out to collect all of the comics of a particular publisher. However, I find that I do have a high percentage of the output of the publishers that you named, such as Continuity, Comico, Innovation, etc. But not complete unfortunately. I haven't sought out quite all of the titles from these companies, and there are a few gaps even in the titles that I have been collecting. Still, it is an interesting idea that I could try to finish off collections of some of these publishers with a little bit of effort.

Great site Wayne, a definite addition to my favorites. Thanks for the update on DCs and good luck on completing those runs. I started this thread just to find out about hardcore completists and the collecting feats they have accomplished. smile.gif