• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A complete set from a publisher?

24 posts in this topic

I was going through and sorting my old Amazing Heroes to see which ones I need to complete the set and came across and issue which had an Information Center article about how many comics have been published by whom, etc. I then wondered if anyone has completed all the comics from a given publisher. I imagine someone must have of complete set of Valiants, Atlas/Seaboard, Comico, etc. If you have a complete set from a publisher or are attempting to put one together please post it hear.

I don't think anybody would have a complete EC, Centaur or Gold Key set but it will be fun to see who has what. If you know of any other great collecting feats please feel free to share. Thanks.

Have a complete high grade set of Atlas/Seaboard.....if you don't include the partly prose Gothic Romances.grin.gif

And you'll appreciate this.......It's all thanks to Tropic Comics.....

Jim

I also have a complete run of Seaboard, but about 10 books are in VG Some of the mags ar almost impossible in HG.I have a freind who is putting togrthr a set of 1st print Rip-off Press.Now that is a challenge.

If I'm not mistaken, I have the entire ABC comics line...

As the ABC Universe is about to end due to Alan Moore's wishes,this probably will be the only publisher's set that was pretty easy to complete

hmmm...i think i may have the entire set of MALIBU comics....geeze. im pathetic. 893whatthe.gif

No your not.

Those were good comics. I enjoyed Reading Prime.

prime.jpg

come to think of it, your right. they werent half bad. i actually was really into the PROTECTORS for quite a while. they had some really cheesy gimmicks like misshaped books and such, but then again, so did every other company out there.

Great job on those complete sets- I did know about someone who had a complete set of the 50's Atlas titles and another person had some short run publisher sets- Skywald, Sterling, MF Enterprises and I think one other... Lightning comics from the 1960's if I recall. I am trying to complete my set of one-shot publishers and currently have Atomic Thunderbolt #1 and Big Apple Comix #1... still looking for Hi-lite comics #1.

If anyone is interested-in Amazing Heroes the top five publishers in the amount of comics published up to 1985 were:

1. DC 14,588

2. Timely/Atlas/Marvel 12,890

3. Dell 6,521

4. Harvey 6,249

5. Charlton 5,964

Good luck with those sets! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

there is a woman I have run into a few times who is 3 or 4 book saway fron owning the COMPLETE DC run of comics!! ALL Titles. ALL issues. She mentioned that CBM spoke to her about running an article on her when she is done.

should be soon.

and NO they are not all in high grade! (not like Chucks latest adventure!)

there is a woman I have run into a few times who is 3 or 4 book saway fron owning the COMPLETE DC run of comics!! ALL Titles. ALL issues. She mentioned that CBM spoke to her about running an article on her when she is done.

should be soon.

and NO they are not all in high grade! (not like Chucks latest adventure!)

Almost as impressive as my complete collection of Pacific comics. All NM+. All purchased for less than the cost of shoelaces. Cheap ones, even.

Do complete sets of Cherry Comics, Basement Comics (ABC) count? There is this one store in the Midwest that sells all the varaint Avengelynes, Glory, and bad girl books - those were all those publishers made - so do those count too? tongue.gif

Thanks.

Yes, that list looks pretty thorough - I couldn't find any titles that I have that are not on the list. I've only got about 80-90% of Pacific's issues based on this list. A few titles didn't appeal to me, but there are some I'd like to have but I've never found/bought them, e.g. Twisted Tales #5 and #6

I did note a couple discrepancies between the issue numbers on my list vs their ending-issue numbers. Some of those are probably just carelessness on my part in not noting which issues were published by Pacific and changing the publisher I recorded in my data for those issues published by Eclipse.

However for one example, I'm pretty sure Pacific published Elric up through #8. Last time I checked (few years ago), Overstreet also agreed with this site in listing #6 as the highest issue number. I'll have to look for this book and put up a scan to see who is correct.