• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tth2's VERY Belated San Diego Report

26 posts in this topic

Thanks for the great reports, tth2! I was planning to go but wasn't able to find a flight back to San Francisco Saturday evening. I would have loved to have seen RHG's DCs.

Formerly hkp

That`s really too bad. I know RHG, Robbyx and I were all looking forward to grilling meeting you!

After he quoted me a very stiff price, I came to my senses and asked for a discount, figuring that after he said "NO" (like Metro always does), I could walk away. But he shocked me by agreeing to enough of a discount that I had to do the deal. Others have mentioned my getting the discount, but I should defend Metropolis` honor by saying the price was still damn high. tongue.gif But Adventures below 320 in 9.6 are not something you see everyday. As the saying goes, "The madness begins at 9.6." crazy.gif The only catch was that they wanted to be paid in cash, and I didn`t have that much on me nor could I get that much out of an ATM. So I had to trek a few blocks up to a Bank of America where I could cash a check. As you all know from the reports of the heatwave that has been hitting the US, it was bloody hot, particularly walking in the sun.

Well, from these comments here, I can guess that Fishler wasn't at the convention again.

Usually, Fishler simply gives you the books and then asks you to send him the payment whenever you get back home. Especially handy for me since I am the type that never really brings much money down with me and I also don't have an ATM card. Certainly helps to prevent me from wasting more money on those funny books.

On the other hand, he usually doesn't really go for the whole discount thing. frown.gif

Great report Tim! When you coming to NY??

Red

Thanks Brad. Depends if we do an East Coast visit to the US next summer. If we do, then will definitely hit the DC area and the Morristown, NJ area. Will have to see.

Nice report, Tim. I noticed you at the NOD panel, too. Sorry we didn't connect on the convention floor. I would've loved to have been a part of the excursion to see Peter's books, or the impromptu Friday night dinner!