• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cheap frames for hanging CGC'd comics.

29 posts in this topic

I'm not affiliated with this seller in any way, don't know him at all, and have never purchased from him. Just happened to spot some inexpensive CGC frames he's selling for 11 bucks, plus another 6 for shipping (he offers discounted or free shipping if you purchase in quantity).

Link

I'm not affiliated with this seller in any way, don't know him at all, and have never purchased from him. Just happened to spot some inexpensive CGC frames he's selling for 11 bucks, plus another 6 for shipping (he offers discounted or free shipping if you purchase in quantity).

Link

Didn't I see you eating dinner with the seller at McDonalds the other night? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Chris (Beyonder) is making some of these himself, actually. I've seen them, they're pretty neat.

I wonder if he's going to be selling them or is just making them for himself.

Ive seen them as well.

Very nice.

I think he is planning on making some for himself anf then selling a few but I coud be wrong

The idea of framing a comic book makes me cringe. Not to mention the damage that artificial and sunlight will do to the cover. You want something to cover that crack in your wall go buy some real art Christo_pull_hair.gif

Edit: Not you personally Sho! Just in general!! tongue.gif

The idea of framing a comic book makes me cringe. Not to mention the damage that artificial and sunlight will do to the cover. You want something to cover that crack in your wall go buy some real art Christo_pull_hair.gif

UV light is what damages the paper, right? So, unless someone has UV incandescent bulbs in their home, it shouldn't harm the books at all. Just keep them out of the sun.

Chris (Beyonder) is making some of these himself, actually. I've seen them, they're pretty neat.

I don't know, Bugaboo. Why haven't you stopped by my boards lately?

Shawn

Shawn

Are you talking to me or dc360?

Shawn

You, of course. Don't be coy with me. 27_laughing.gif

Shawn

Linky-poo:

http://www.goldcomics.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/24298/page/0/vc/1

Shawn

You, of course. Don't be coy with me. 27_laughing.gif

Ok, I promise I won't be coy with you. Who are you?

All light damages paper to some extent. It just depends on how much is too much in your estimation. See: Protection From Light Damage

I didn't know that. Although, I'm not one for hanging my comics on the wall anyway. Just remembered someone discussing this a while back and thought some may be interested.

Ive seen them as well.

Very nice.

I think he is planning on making some for himself anf then selling a few but I coud be wrong

When i spoke to him, he said both. But he said he's going to take some time and get all his stuff ready before he starts marketing them, just so he'll be ready for whatever demand is. The cool this about his frames is that they're pretty much customizeable to each person's liking. He showed me frames for one, two, four, or six books. Since he has the measurements, he can really build them so that the books will display is whatever way your crazy head could imagine!

Someone should bug him to post the pix of some prototypes.....