• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm Selling my eBay store inventory, any suggestions or interested parties?

15 posts in this topic

I'm done with the eBay store thing and was wondering if anyone is interested in my inventory. Details at the following link, although I didn't factor in the shipping equation on this post.

http://santafe.craigslist.org/clt/190289173.html

If you reply off of this post, I'll throw in a bunch (I think 25) CGC Graded comics that I never got around to selling, mostly high-end early eighties comic books that I had graded as an experiment in the early days of the CGC.

I'm closing the store on the 20th if that means anything to anyone. Obviously local sellers in New Mexico would get an incredible deal.

Take it to the EBay Marketplace, doorknob. foreheadslap.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

confused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

V, I'm gonna dis agree with you (again). The guy wants to make a private sale, and there is a link posted to Craig's list. Again, he's only using the ebay reference for a back story. I'd let it go. JM2C. angel.gif

R.

i think JC was just telling him where he can sell the stuff, not where to take the thread. I figure if you can't sell it on ebay, fat chance in hell it will sell here.

i think JC was just telling him where he can sell the stuff, not where to take the thread. I figure if you can't sell it on ebay, fat chance in hell it will sell here.

I don't think you know JC 27_laughing.gif but you do know the forum members 27_laughing.gif

You never know, there are some deep pockets here that may be interested if they can turn a profit.

V, I'm gonna dis agree with you (again). The guy wants to make a private sale, and there is a link posted to Craig's list. Again, he's only using the ebay reference for a back story. I'd let it go. JM2C. angel.gif

Perhaps, but it still looks like SPAM to me, as his original post didn't tell us anything about the comics, and relied on the outside link for the sales pitch.

He's not selling comics on the forums, but simply spamming a generic "For Sale" link.

Perhaps, but it still looks like SPAM to me, as his original post didn't tell us anything about the comics, and relied on the outside link for the sales pitch.

He's not selling comics on the forums, but simply spamming a generic "For Sale" link.

Dude, he is trying to sell tens of $1000's worth of comics with a link to info. I mean come on. Maybe you should volunteer to retype everything for the guy if you feel so strongly about it poke2.gif27_laughing.gif

I see no harm or foul here. It's not even posted to an ebay link.

confused-smiley-013.gif

R.

Dude, he is trying to sell tens of $1000's worth of comics with a link to info. I mean come on. Maybe you should volunteer to retype everything for the guy if you feel so strongly about it poke2.gif27_laughing.gif

I see no harm or foul here. It's not even posted to an ebay link.

confused-smiley-013.gif

R.

Okay, I'll be the bad guy. JC is right, this belongs in the marketplace. Its a no-brainer. We are here for "WTB and FORUM Only Selling". This is not an offer for forum members only, so it belongs in the marketplace.

flowerred.gif to everybody.

Okay, I'll be the bad guy. JC is right, this belongs in the marketplace. Its a no-brainer. We are here for "WTB and FORUM Only Selling". This is not an offer for forum members only, so it belongs in the marketplace.

Couldn't have said it better myself. hail.gif

Dude, he is trying to sell tens of $1000's worth of comics with a link to info. I mean come on. Maybe you should volunteer to retype everything for the guy if you feel so strongly about it

I see you haven't actually clicked in the link before offering your opinion multiple times. foreheadslap.gif

OK. I see all the sides of this discussion and probably posted in the wrong section of this message board and I apologize.

I wanted advice, I wasn't looking for buyers, but I can see how my initial post can be construed as being a SPAM post, but it certainly wasn't meant to be one.

The fact is that I initially posted it in the "general" section and was immediately referred to this section since I hadn't posted a link to the actual sale site. And actually, I never had a POS site in the first place. I had an "inquiry" site set up through Craigslist. Have I sold anything off the cuff yet as a result of any of my posts? No. Do I care? No. I can easily just shove the entire collection into storage for a few decades and then pawn it off on someone else who actually likes high-grade Silver, Bronze, and Modern Ae Comic books.

It's not about the money to me. And likewise, It's not about spamming a community of collectors who know just as much (if not more) about the marketplace than I do.

I really was just asking for advice. It looks like only about 5% of the people who actually posted on this board even understood that, and I take full responsibility for the verbage of my post. I guess that "suggestions or interested parties" text have been misleading. Whatever. tonofbricks.gif