• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flash Comics scarcity question

43 posts in this topic

Additionally, they asked the leading experts at the time and the books they said were rarest were:

Flash # 82

Flash # 103

Flash# 77

I can see 103 and 82 being hard to find. But, I am sure I have seen 77 on sale before, though. I think the above chart is intersting but does seem off a bit. Issue 104 is scarce but it reads as if more copes of 104 were sold in previous years than other issues. Of course, I wonder if the same copies don't get sold and resold, etc. Also, I bet some issues are not really scarce but, because they are not as sought after, they are not sold often.

I was curious...how many Flash Comics issues are guesstimated to exist? Take any issue for example...how many copies of issue 17 are thought to exist? Issue 29? Is this info in the Gerber guide? I haven't had a chance to read it.

Didn't think my post was enough to justify a new thread, so, bringing this thread back to life...

I've decided to start collecting Golden Age and I want to start with Flash Comics.

The thought started when I finished my silver age Flash run several weeks ago. I thought I wanted to go after a Showcase run next, but after lurking in this forum, looking at the old Flash covers, reading this thread, my love of the "Flash" concept, and buying a couple of GA books in Baltimore (but not Flash books), I'm hooked.

Plus, what a cool group shot that would be 1-350.

I'm more of a completionist than a perfectionist. So, I'll probably be buying more VG just to get the run finished than waiting for the next 8.5 to come along. I tell myself I can always upgrade later, but then again, once you have something you really want... insane.gif

Didn't think my post was enough to justify a new thread, so, bringing this thread back to life...

I've decided to start collecting Golden Age and I want to start with Flash Comics.

The thought started when I finished my silver age Flash run several weeks ago. I thought I wanted to go after a Showcase run next, but after lurking in this forum, looking at the old Flash covers, reading this thread, my love of the "Flash" concept, and buying a couple of GA books in Baltimore (but not Flash books), I'm hooked.

Plus, what a cool group shot that would be 1-350.

I'm more of a completionist than a perfectionist. So, I'll probably be buying more VG just to get the run finished than waiting for the next 8.5 to come along. I tell myself I can always upgrade later, but then again, once you have something you really want... insane.gif

Excellent choice! There are a lot of killer covers hidden in that run, and while many are hard to find, they won't totally break the bank once you do. Great combo of looks, price, and scarcity! Plus if you ever need to resell them, it's an easy title to move.