• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favourite WHAT IF/ELSEWORLDS Story

17 posts in this topic

I love the Alternative look at history. What might have happened had something gone differently.

Current faves are.

1) What if someone other than Peter Parker had gotten bit by the spider

2) The DC Elseworlds Story where Superman was found by the Waynes.

3) Gotham by Gaslight. Batman VS Jack The ripper

The first What if series had an all humor issue that was rip rouring hilarious. Among the many gags where: What if Wonder man was female, What if Moon Knight fought Wendigo if a blizzard, What if the Ghost Rider owned a burger joint, etc. It really has to be read to be believed.

stooges.gif

The first What if series had an all humor issue that was rip rouring hilarious. Among the many gags where: What if Wonder man was female, What if Moon Knight fought Wendigo if a blizzard, What if the Ghost Rider owned a burger joint, etc. It really has to be read to be believed.

stooges.gif

I think I remember that one.

The moon knight Wendigo one was an all white page.

Batman: Holy Terror by Alan Brennart and Norm Breyfogle. Takes place in a theocracy. As I recall, Bruce Wayne is studying to be a priest, rebels, all hell breaks loose so to speak. Great cameos of alternate-world JLA members. Check it out!

anybody know the issue number? i loved that issue too. as for favourite elseworld issue, gotham by gaslight was a good one.

Issue number 34....

that's what i was guessing, thanks for the clarification beyonder! 893applaud-thumb.gifacclaim.gif

Hands down my favourite is 'The Golden Age'. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend picking up the trade paperback. I guess Dark Knight and Watchmen can also be qualified as 'Elseworlds' but that was before the offical 'Elseworlds' brand came into place. Another series I like was 'The Nail' which featured the Justice League.

One of my favourite What if's was #35, 'What if Baron Mordo became Master of the Mystic Arts'. Great artwork with a great 'tribute' to Lee/Dikto's early Dr. Strange.

What if the Hulk went beserk from...WI (Vol. 1)

One of the earliest comics I bought and it features a classic Bill S. cover. Hulk breaks the Thing's neck and kills Johnny Storm and Iron Man before Thor calls down the lighting to roast him.

I just picked up the first two issues of Red Son...

It examines what would have happened to superman had he crashed in Russia.

Its Super Commie [!@#%^&^]

So what happens....? Does the US launch a KRYPTONITE bomb....thus ending the "cold war"?

So what happens....? Does the US launch a KRYPTONITE bomb....thus ending the "cold war"?

Only two issues of Three Have come out....

Lets Say he is resposible for Batmans death, become a Dictator and takes over practically 95% of the world.

He also lobotomizes all those who disagrees with his control and turns them into slaves.

Cant wait for issue 3

Here's a What If related thread I started long ago... In fact, it may be my first post here.

it got derailed into another intresting discussion that has also been covered afterwards.

That's why the title reads..."What If It was your job to save the hobby... New Readers!"... It started out as "What if What if? got some credit?"

BB13 Old What If thread