• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help me to grade this Daredevil #45 thanks

16 posts in this topic

Looking closer, I see corner dents and what looks like rust transfer at the bottom staple. Not sure this would make VF even without the staple pop, but with it I'd think straight 4.5. confused-smiley-013.gif

Could you explain what a popped staple is? What in the scan gives it away?

Thanks for the learning!

cover is detached from lower staple

Is it apparent in the scan? I don't see anything that would give this away other than a little stress at the top and bottom of the staple.

Ok, i'm back to home and have the book in hands:

The lower staple seems rusted on the scan but it's not.

It's still shiny, but gilded.

What you see that make the staple looks rusted is the cream color of the inner cover.

I now agree about the two rounded corners and i must admit that this book cannot be a 8.5 (even if in my hands this book is incredible).

(psst! Check out the first line in this thread.) thumbsup2.gif

haha

No I know that but what I'm asking is there anyway to tell from the scan if the seller is less than ethical and doesn't tell you.

Unless the staple is so "pushed" inside the book, you cannot tell from a scan if the cover is detached from the book.