• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New 3,000 Golden Age Collection/Pedigree Revealed in CBG

226 posts in this topic

Here's one with the store stamp.

WeirdTalesofthefuturejuka.jpg

what a strange coincidence. am i wrong or did the other collection that

has been on the news regarding a contractor possibly stealing half of

the books also have the letter “m” written on a lot of them?

this collection seems to have a bunch with the same marking.

or am i wrong?

just curious.

Here's one with the store stamp.

WeirdTalesofthefuturejuka.jpg

what a strange coincidence. am i wrong or did the other collection that

has been on the news regarding a contractor possibly stealing half of

the books also have the letter “m” written on a lot of them?

this collection seems to have a bunch with the same marking.

or am i wrong?

just curious.

That was the D Collection. Totally different. Here's the other copy of the Tales From the Crypt. This one is better if I recall. TalesFromTheCrypt381.jpg

Jack,

I would just like to say congratulations on the awesome collection! I would also like to thank you for sharing this story with us smile.gif It gives guys like myself hope that some day, I may be able to stumble upon a find such as yours.

Keep 'em coming!

John thumbsup2.gif

What a sweet collection. Congratulations on it. I know it must have been a pretty penny, and you are selling some off to compensate, but my advice would be KEEP AS MUCH AS YOU CAN!!!! You'll love those books for the rest of your life!!

Nice ones!

Shep

What a sweet collection. Congratulations on it. I know it must have been a pretty penny, and you are selling some off to compensate, but my advice would be KEEP AS MUCH AS YOU CAN!!!! You'll love those books for the rest of your life!!

Nice ones!

Shep

I've had them over a year and still have all Superman, Batman, Air Fighters, Early Captain Marvel and Captain Marvel Jr. and a bunch of High grade ECs, etc.. That was my original intent from the start as far as that goes. That story about my Father I posted earlier was true. So no matter what that witty guy that referred to it as "a sob story about his old man" said (and I must say he is FULL of IT) that mistake I made when I was in college selling all those my Dad bought me when I was 12 factored into my buying these. That bugged me for years. Especially when "friends" kept reminding me what everything was worth years later. Unfortunately, when such high prices are involved in such a purchase today, you just can't keep everything. This gives my wife and I something we can do together also now that the kids are leaving the nest. Thanks for all the positive comments though.

I did get the newer EC reprints with the books and take them to adult day care centers and places like that along with any oddball stuff I get in low grade for the people with disabilities to read. One image I will always remember is a poor guy wearing a helmet of some sort and all crippled up in a wheelchair leaving the Center clutching a little pile of comics in his hand as he was being wheeled out to a van to go home. Big smile on his face too. You can't put a price on that kind of stuff.

That's a great idea for any of you who have books with half covers or moderns that you get cheap. The guys at the Veteran's Hospitals love comics too. It's a good way of giving good luck back.

Jack

vaultofhorror12.jpg

The ECs were definitely sweet! I loved seeing them!

And Jack told me the moving story about his father a year ago when he had little or no real intention of selling.

Unfortunately some key books that were in the collection when I saw it were sold before Jack bought the entire collection. He and I dealt with different brokers. I was at the family home looking through the books and I believe he dealt with a local dealer who ultimately made some sort of arrangement with the family. I asked a lot of questions about the OO because the history was important to me. It is with Jack as well but his broker did not apparently seek to have access to the information.

The ECs were definitely sweet! I loved seeing them!

And Jack told me the moving story about his father a year ago when he had little or no real intention of selling.

Unfortunately some key books that were in the collection when I saw it were sold before Jack bought the entire collection. He and I dealt with different brokers. I was at the family home looking through the books and I believe he dealt with a local dealer who ultimately made some sort of arrangement with the family. I asked a lot of questions about the OO because the history was important to me. It is with Jack as well but his broker did not apparently seek to have access to the information.

I know a Showcase 4 disappeared at the last second as well as The Reform School Girl which was sold also. The dealer kept records of EVERYTHING that was there and I still have them. Like I said before, the guy from Williamsport that sold them for the family is a solid human being. Ditto for his helper from the Shop in Scranton. I trust them both implicitly.

History IS important. I know whenever I get a WW2 helmet or whatever from a Veteran I ask all kinds of questions and label each item. "I'm often asked, "WHY do you want to KNOW?" All I can tell them is that passing along the history is important.

Whiz154.jpg

I've had them over a year and still have all Superman, Batman, Air Fighters, Early Captain Marvel and Captain Marvel Jr. and a bunch of High grade ECs, etc..

interesting.....from reading this post, and your earlier reaction

to what someone said about the condition. i was sure this all went

down last week or so.

but you have had then for over a year and still got pissed over

someone’s comments concerning grade.

that sounds like a collector who loves his books!

thumbsup2.gif

I've had them over a year and still have all Superman, Batman, Air Fighters, Early Captain Marvel and Captain Marvel Jr. and a bunch of High grade ECs, etc..

interesting.....from reading this post, and your earlier reaction

to what someone said about the condition. i was sure this all went

down last week or so.

but you have had theM for over a year and still got pissed over

thumbsup2.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif what? i'm serious

but you have had then for over a year and still got pissed over

thumbsup2.gif

Thanks. Pretty soon I will have to start scanning books if I'm going to keep this thread alive. You guys getting sick of this yet?

Jack

HorrorFromTomb1fc.jpg