• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Byrne Art Hulk #314 Pg. 15 vs. Doc Samson

22 posts in this topic

Thanks, Thomas. To add, I find OA values are harder to gauge than comic books...one reason may be that there isn't a price guide for it. Could there every be one?

Comicartfans.com has a per-subscription market sales database. You can also search auctions that have ended in Heritagecomics.com 's website.

There have been a few attempts to do a price guide, but they weren't received very well. I tried see if I could fit data to an exponential function, but it didn't work to well.

Thanks, Thomas. To add, I find OA values are harder to gauge than comic books...one reason may be that there isn't a price guide for it. Could there every be one?

Heh, most definitely! Sometimes I see pages that I think are worth 1-2k and they sell for a couple hundred and then sometimes I see pages that I think I'll win for 1-200 and they sell for 1-2k. I don't think it's that I don't value a lot of the art correctly and is more of specific sellers finding specific buyers or not exposing the art enough or to the right crowd. With that said, art prices vary wildly from one sale to the next as you've surmised.

I don't think there will ever be a (reliable) price guide. It's too hard since they are all one of a kind items. There's nothing you could directly compare it to in order to give it an arbitrary value. One month a page could sell for 150.00 and another page from the same series could sell for 1500.00. Does that now make the 150.00 page worth more? Anyways I don't see it happening any time soon.