• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL: CGC Forum Philanthropy

71 posts in this topic

Provided that the book has been cleared for submission, YES you may send in the books with other paid submissions to save on shipping fees.

The guidelines for submissions are:

$25 for a modern

$45 for an economy

You still must PM me for approval before sending books.

Thanks very much for all the interest,

DAM

What do the guidelines you listed above refer to? Submission fees? How much the books is worth?

Sorry - the book must be worth at least that amount in the grade that you think it will get for it to be graded. Example: if you have a Web of Spider-Man #1 that you think will grade a 7.0, CGC won't grade it. Or if you have a Rawhide kid #10 that you think will grade out as a 3.5, CGC won't grade it.

DAM

Provided that the book has been cleared for submission, YES you may send in the books with other paid submissions to save on shipping fees.

The guidelines for submissions are:

$25 for a modern

$45 for an economy

You still must PM me for approval before sending books.

Thanks very much for all the interest,

DAM

What do the guidelines you listed above refer to? Submission fees? How much the books is worth?

Sorry - the book must be worth at least that amount in the grade that you think it will get for it to be graded. Example: if you have a Web of Spider-Man #1 that you think will grade a 7.0, CGC won't grade it. Or if you have a Rawhide kid #10 that you think will grade out as a 3.5, CGC won't grade it.

DAM

The only problem is the gap in which the grade I think a baook should grade and what CGC thinks....What if I send in a book that I think is a nm- worth $50.00 and the book grades an 8.0 now worth say worth $43.00??..sorry to be creating problems here.

Jonny D.

OR.........

Can we just make this easy as pie and auction a graded book we already own??

That would work best for me.....at least I know the grade and value before hand.

Jonny D. 893blahblah.gif

The only problem is the gap in which the grade I think a baook should grade and what CGC thinks....What if I send in a book that I think is a nm- worth $50.00 and the book grades an 8.0 now worth say worth $43.00??..sorry to be creating problems here.

Jonny D.

No problem at all. If you think that it will grade a NM- using the overstreet standards as exmplified in the new grading guide and it doesn't work out that way, not a problem. This is of course, provided that the book gets clearance.

Regarding the auctioning off of books that you already own for the cause, a ebay id has been created "cgcforums" and one of these days I will be setting up a pay pal account and all that jazz.

Best,

DAM

Update

I have made contact with both Comics for Kids and ACTOR. CBLDF has yet to return my email, but I will try calling them later on in the day. Both responses were OVERWHELMINGLY positive and they both expressed sincere gratitude. They aslo both volunteered to tally our progress as long as people put "ATTN: CGC FORUMS" and included their user name on their checks/donations.

I figure since there was a good amount of people that wanted to split the money, individuals could give to the comic charity of their choice and then we could tally the results.

I will let you know when I hear from CBLDF and will post a new thread soon with some action items.

thanks so much for all the support! grin.gif

DAM