• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Amazing Auction

25 posts in this topic

but it just doesn't seem like you can get a book that you'd be proud to own at reasonable levels anymore confused-smiley-013.gif

True, but that seems to be the case with everything these days. Depending on where you live, $300-500K used to get you a lot of house, now it might just be a townhouse. $20K used to get you a lot of new car, now it probably gets you some kind of sub-compact. Hopefully as prices have risen your salary and savings/investments have kept pace or risen faster.

but it just doesn't seem like you can get a book that you'd be proud to own at reasonable levels anymore confused-smiley-013.gif

True, but that seems to be the case with everything these days. Depending on where you live, $300-500K used to get you a lot of house, now it might just be a townhouse. $20K used to get you a lot of new car, now it probably gets you some kind of sub-compact. Hopefully as prices have risen your salary and savings/investments have kept pace or risen faster.

Don't get me started on the housing market wink.gif

I think we're all aware of the idea of inflation.. but the comic market (and housing market for that matter) seems overpriced these days confused-smiley-013.gif Wasn't long ago a NM ASM 14 was $250... I remember those days well. The $250 from back then might be $500 today ... and needless to say you can't get a high grade ASM 14 for that anymore..

I just don't find anything you can get for $500 today to be a very impressive book... something wrong with that.

GA Captain Marvel Adventures and Whiz Comics in VF to VF/NM. Are affordable buys. There are several titles out there are WAY overlooked. Heck if you are willing to go VG, you should be able to put together a decent GGA run.

Wow, where's the pricing pity party at?

I'm proud of the house I bought with the sale of my collection.

I'm proud of the inventory that I've built over time. I've bought and sold a lot of books. Am I concerned about the prices I've had to pay? Yes and no. I know when to say "no" and move on.

Wow, where's the pricing pity party at?

I'm proud of the house I bought with the sale of my collection.

I'm proud of the inventory that I've built over time. I've bought and sold a lot of books. Am I concerned about the prices I've had to pay? Yes and no. I know when to say "no" and move on.

That's exactly my point Bob. I've moved on for now. So be it, it's my choice... wasn't meant to be a "pity party" just an observation that I consider the market overvalued in many areas at this time confused-smiley-013.gif