• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: Wrightson, Adams, Ploog and EC Pages, etc.

10 posts in this topic

I'm branching out from collecting comics to original comic art.

I'm looking to add at least one page from some of my favorite artist to my collection over the next few months. I'm not really looking for cover or splash pages as they are very expensive (looking to spend no more than $5K for a great piece), but more so a nice page that exhibits the style of the artist (and has at least the main character in it).

I've looked at all the sites including Comicartfans, so now I'm seeing if some has something that is necessarily on the market (but can be had for the right price).

My interest are:

Neal Adams (Marvel preferablly from the late 60's to early 70's)

Wrightson (preferablly a Swamp Thing page)

Ploog (Ghost Rider page)

Starlin (Captain Marvel or Warlock)

Barry Smith (Conan)

EC pages or whole stories by Ingels, Davis, Crandall, Wood, etc.

I realize these are very popular artist, but those who know me from collecting high-grade CGC books, realize that I will pay for quality.

Thanks....

As a relatively recent convert myself, let me say "Good luck!". It's a lot of fun. I've gotten so much more satisfaction out of holding and looking at a nice piece of OA than a high-grade slab.

I love those artists on your list (and love EC stuff as well), look forward to seeing what you are able to get.

As a relatively recent convert myself, let me say "Good luck!". It's a lot of fun. I've gotten so much more satisfaction out of holding and looking at a nice piece of OA than a high-grade slab.

I love those artists on your list (and love EC stuff as well), look forward to seeing what you are able to get.

My wife likes original art better as at least I put them on a wall (in a frame off course), as oppose to a safe.

But she also says she's going to color them in some day 893whatthe.gif

My wife likes original art better as at least I put them on a wall (in a frame off course), as oppose to a safe.

But she also says she's going to color them in some day 893whatthe.gif

Print out some photocopies from a scan and let her have a go at it! thumbsup2.gif

She might do a nice job.

No help.

OK, what do you think is a reasonable price for a Wrightson Swamp Thing page (assume Swamp Thing is in several panels but no huge panels)?

Not less than $3K. Heritage sold a page with no Swampy in late '04 for $2357 with BP. I was offered a nice but not spectacular page with Swampy in 4/6 or so panels for $4500 a year and a half ago.

I'm branching out from collecting comics to original comic art.

I'm looking to add at least one page from some of my favorite artist to my collection over the next few months. I'm not really looking for cover or splash pages as they are very expensive (looking to spend no more than $5K for a great piece), but more so a nice page that exhibits the style of the artist (and has at least the main character in it).

I've looked at all the sites including Comicartfans, so now I'm seeing if some has something that is necessarily on the market (but can be had for the right price).

My interest are:

Neal Adams (Marvel preferablly from the late 60's to early 70's)

Wrightson (preferablly a Swamp Thing page)

Ploog (Ghost Rider page)

Starlin (Captain Marvel or Warlock)

Barry Smith (Conan)

EC pages or whole stories by Ingels, Davis, Crandall, Wood, etc.

I realize these are very popular artist, but those who know me from collecting high-grade CGC books, realize that I will pay for quality.

Thanks....

Mike Burkey has some EC Horror pages, by Graham Ingels, for sale on his web-site.