• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pep 22, Jackpot 4, Archie 2 up on the bay..

25 posts in this topic

What do you think they will all go for? I think the Pep 22 will end around 6k, and the Archie 2 around 1500, considering a lower grade copy with brittle pages just sold for $1000.

The Jackpot 4 has some stains and a large scribbled signature on the front cover; not a lot of eye appeal for a 6.5.

I gave $5150 in 2001 for a lightly restored VG ish Pep 22, and $1000 in 2002 for a moderately restored VF Jackpot 4. I wish I still had the latter of these two as I way overpaid for the 22.

Shawn

Dunno.

You guys realize that right now, today, August 21, 2006, that there are copies of Archie 1, Pep 22, and Jackpot 4 all up for auction somewhere concurrently. The latter up on Ebay, and I noticed this morning that Comiclink has an Archie 1,2, and 3 all in low grade.

I wouldn't be really happy with any of them except the #22, and to me in that grade it's a $3000 book, $3500 tops.

You guys realize that right now, today, August 21, 2006, that there are copies of Archie 1, Pep 22, and Jackpot 4 all up for auction somewhere concurrently. The latter up on Ebay, and I noticed this morning that Comiclink has an Archie 1,2, and 3 all in low grade.

Yes. And the prices on them are making me glad I already have them 893whatthe.gif

Yes. And the prices on them are making me glad I already have them 893whatthe.gif

that's why you're now officially RICH wink.gifstooges.gif

If I'm so rich, how come I can't afford all the books I want in the September Heritage Auction? All the Teen Humor/Romance/Oddball Church books are making me crazy insane.gif

You have to sell your Archie's first gossip.gif

Seriously though, what is your next grail in comicbooks?

Dunno.

I wouldn't be really happy with any of them except the #22, and to me in that grade it's a $3000 book, $3500 tops.

Change your mind? poke2.gif

If I'm so rich, how come I can't afford all the books I want in the September Heritage Auction? All the Teen Humor/Romance/Oddball Church books are making me crazy insane.gif

You have to sell your Archie's first gossip.gif

Seriously though, what is your next grail in comicbooks?

I don't really have one. I suppose upgrading 2000 books could take a while... 27_laughing.gif

Dunno.

Change your mind? poke2.gif

blush.gif

Yes, I decided tonight that I'm going after it. It's go good page quality and nice color, and I miss the one I used to have. Wish me luck man!

The thing I'm most amazed about is that copy sold for $4250 just 2 years ago. So, doubled in that time frame 893whatthe.gif

The Archie 2 was the real bargain of the group at just over $1000, and the Jackpot 4 went cheaper than I would have thought, but probably due to PQ (light tan) issues.

The thing I'm most amazed about is that copy sold for $4250 just 2 years ago. So, doubled in that time frame 893whatthe.gif

The Archie 2 was the real bargain of the group at just over $1000, and the Jackpot 4 went cheaper than I would have thought, but probably due to PQ (light tan) issues.

I didn't know, did Met have it for sale on their site? I thought they had 2 books; a 4k one you bought to have restored, and a VG+ ish faded one they sold for 9k? How long was this one on their site?

I guess this bodes well for the unrestored VF+ Pep #22 we are offering for sale.

...and I guess when it comes down to it, we are just comic book wholesalers. We offered this copy for $4300 and it sells for almost double 2 years later. The VG+ copy we sold for $9000 is probably worth about $16000 right now.

Steve