• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quire Collection

61 posts in this topic

detectivecomics71.jpg

Paging Norinn Radd!!!!

Lots of cool books. You or your friend will have NO problem selling any of these. There are a couple in there I wouldn't mind having myself!

Thanks for taking the time to scan and post them. thumbsup2.gif

I'm also sure just from the scans that you all know this but there won't be any restoration, pressing or wonder breading going onto these babies. Hey Mark, maybe I should join the Non-Disclosure club!

makepoint.gif

Great stuff! It occurred to me that while other kids his age were buying new funny books and destroying them, this kid had the right idea- he was picking up golden age books at garage sales in the 1960's probably for a nickel apiece and took care of them. Kudos!

Some of these appear to be what his mom actually purchased also. Her name is on a few and she would have been 10 to 14 during the period these are from. I don't know why she would have put her name on them in the sixties. Hell, maybe this is a pedigree I could sell to Joe Collector! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

My friend and I have been missing each other this week, but today he showed up at work with a total of 25 books. These are not Golden Age but he said he wanted to get these documented. If anyone wants to see scans let me know. Otherwise I probably won't scan these. I just don't really know how much interest there is in these, but they will most likely be part of the collection should he decide to sell as a whole.. Here are the 1st eleven:

Mighty Mouse 166 Dell Mar-66

Walter Lantz Woody Woodpecker 90 Gold Key Apr-66

Chip 'n" Dale 5 Gold Key Dec-69

Jetsons 32 Gold Key Oct-69

W.D. Comics & Stories 305 Gold Key Feb-66

Daffy Duck 51 Gold Key Dec-67

W.D. Comics & Stories 351 Gold Key Dec-69

Bugs Bunny 121 Gold Key Jan-69

Tom and Jerry 228 Gold Key Feb-66

Super TV Heroes 1 Gold Key Apr-68

Walt Disney Christmas Parade 7 Gold Key /1968

I'll list more tomorrow night and scans if they are wanted.

To answer the main question, there are more Golden Age but he wanted these done. I have no control over what he brings me.