• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daredevil with Brubaker and Lark....

11 posts in this topic

Outstanding job. Bendis and Maleeve were a tough act to follow, but Brubaker/Lark picked it up and ran with it.

I know alot of people (me included) felt Bendis stretched many arcs too long (re: Ultimate Spidey). I always thought he put his best into DD. Just an amazing run, one of the best ever. Brubaker really did his homework and continued with the excellence that Bendis had sustained.

I can't wait to see where Brubaker goes next. Easily Marvel's best title. thumbsup2.gif

You guys really like the art in Daredevil? If it wasn't for the story, I would've dropped it long ago. Both artists were dark (colorist sucks?), scratchy, sloppy, messy, confusing, simplistic, sharp and angular, and it looks like it's not quite finished. I assumed it was because the artists were new and just lacked experience, but it seems to be an intentional "style"? Must be the legacy of Bill Sienkiewicz...

But Lark is better than Maleeve, I'll give you that.

i'm up in the air on the art, i think it would be even better if they had a really good artist on it. lark is ok and he fits because he's following maleev, otherwise people would probably want his head.

i'm up in the air on the art, i think it would be even better if they had a really good artist on it. lark is ok and he fits because he's following maleev, otherwise people would probably want his head.

Please define "really good artist"? For how atmospheric Brubaker's writing is for DD and the claustrophobic needs for a story in a prison and the highly emotional and tense moments we saw in their first arc, Lark was an excellent choice.

I agree it remains to be seen how well he will handle some of the super-heroics coming up. I have no doubt that he will do awesome on the European / Paris outdoors scene. It's action we need to be worried about from Lark. Maleev knew how to work around those with a lot of close-in partial view shots and lots of quick cuts.