• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DR. VICTOR VON DOOM....WHO SHOULD BE?

31 posts in this topic

With all the new Marvel Comics hitting the big screen and to see who would play who,I ask all DOOM fan who should play him on the big screen? He can potentially be the DARTH VADER in this movie.

Dr.Doom -

My favorite choices:

Terence Stamp : Played General Zod. Commanding English actor. Can do German accents. He is a bit older but can be made to look younger. As Zod he was cool as cool can be. Shakesperean actor

Gary Oldman : see his role in Bram Strokers Dracula. He can do a good Eastern Europe accent and is able to play very intense driven roles. Quite insane when it comes to acting - he becomes the person.Younger then most of my picks and that is why I think he would win out of most of my picks.

Christopher Plummer : Shakesperean actor. That is what is really needed for this role - Doom needs the regal type portrayal.

Anthony Hopkins : what more has to be said. A bit too old for the role but can be made to look younger.

Sam Neil - young enough to play the role. Good actor, well known, and can play the bad guy.

Jeremy Irons - Tall , Shakesperean actor. Very intense and does Eastern European accents well ( he is English.)

Alan Rickman - another Die Hard alumni. Great at accents. Plays evil with a flair - perfect arrogant sarcasm for Doom.

I do not think they would pick too young a actor to play Doom. From a creative stand point, they do not have to make Doom and Richards the same age. They could have been a 10 year age difference when they went to college or they could make Doom some scientist that Richards was competing with for a project etc....

the list could go on. I think that Jeremy Irons, Gary Oldman, Sam Neil, and Alan Rickman would give the producers a tough choice if they were all inthe running. The remaining actors may just be too old - although General Zod as Dr. Doom would be unbelievable.

Tom

dOOM SHOULD BE PLAYED BY GEORGE MURESAN!!!

Gheorghe Muresan?? Hehe -he is 7'7". Put a couple bolts in his neck and he can play Frankenstein with no makeup needed.

Tom

Muresan is too tall for Doom...I can't even think of a superhero off the top of my head he isn't too tall to play! Plus his mobility is shot; if not for the gigantism, he should be in his prime in the NBA right now, but he was forced to retire several years ago.

If not Muresan, then another good choice would be Dikembe Mutombo. Yes?

Yea, good choice!! Or how about Yao Ming? Maybe Margo Dydek (7'2" women's basketball player, see her here: http://www.wnba.com/playerfile/margo_dydek/index.html?nav=page )??

Not sure where people started thinking Doom was ultra-huge...he's a normal guy, went to college with Reed Richards, became his arch-enemy after the trans-dimensional shifting experiment drove him nuts...Marvel's web site says he's around 6'2".

Thanks for the"Gheorghe" pickup - I picked him for his accent (serbo/Croat) not necessarily the acting skills. I read that post that we didn't need a face since he would be wearing a mask and at 7' 7", he'd be the imposing and larger than life presence that Doom commands...maybe I was a bit way off...as long as were going tall basketball Yugos, what about that 7'2" 17 yr old Milicic (sp? - I'm horrid with Eastern European names)?

OK, you guys have conviunced me that we need an older Doom (not the 35-40 yr. old I suggested). So, we're talking roughly late 40's early 50's then. Doom and Richards were both attended college together and were even slated to room (if I remember correctly). Both came into to school on science scholarships given to the best and brightest. That's why I suggested they are roughly the same age (maybe a year apart). This is all revealed in FF Annula #2, for those interested.

That being said, I'll stick by one of my two choices. Jermey Irons is Doom. His performance on "Guilty by Suspicion" (the Clause Von Bulow story) is enough land him the role. Elegent, arrogant, intelligent, cold, evil.....Irons was all those as VanBulow.

Alan Rickman would be a good second choice. But people will always see him as Hans from Die Hard. Irons is not known for a particular role. He is known due to his ability to play any type of character. I also think that Irons would pull off the arrogance of Doom perfectly.

Chris

Jeremy Irons, Liam Neeson, Alan Rickman, Kenneth Branagh - all great choices!

Some more names to throw into the ring: Stellan Skarsgard, Ralph Fiennes, Martin Csokas (xXx).

Csokas strikes me as a good choice, he is able to play eurotrash, he's fairly young and handsome, and he can handle the physical aspects.

If Reed does end up being played by Clooney, Doom would have to be roughly the same age (late 30's, early 40's).

Kev

But...Irons is known as Hans' brother from Die Hard 3!!! Are you saying that performance wasn't as electrifying as Rickman's? tongue.gif

I agree, Irons could play a great Doom.

But...Irons is known as Hans' brother from Die Hard 3!!!

lol....I totally had forgotten that! Does this mean that we have to cast Bruce Willis as Reed Richards?

Chris