• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spectacular Spider-Man mag 2 for sale. High grade.

16 posts in this topic

What he said. As with most magazines, I think this ish is plentiful in the low to mid grades, but much tougher in high grade like this copy. Not too many were stored properly.

9.2 guide is $190. confused-smiley-013.gif

I wasn't saying its [embarrassing lack of self control] or anything, I just have it in a stack of mad magazines and others thinking it was a $5 book.

Let me rephrase that I had it in a stack of mad magazines and $5 books. Now that I'm home its in the good pile. thumbsup2.gif

What he said. As with most magazines, I think this ish is plentiful in the low to mid grades, but much tougher in high grade like this copy. Not too many were stored properly.

You would think so, wouldn't you? However just looking at the census disproves that theory. Apparently there was a huge Mile High warehouse find of these. I'm glad because i managed to get a 9.4 when before that i had always thought they were rare in high grade. With that said it is an absolute beauty to own and any Spidey fan who doesn't own a copy is nuts! It's also a key issue in continuity and rated amongst the best Spider-Man stories of all time. I'm telling you if this was called "Amazing Spider-Man Magazine #2" then it would be worth triple what october is asking.

Same here, yet on ebay pre-cgc. Took a chance and bought a raw NM/MT copy which turned out to be unbelievable and graded as a 9.6. No doubt part of the MH find but it is a requirement for a Spidey collector. Probably the best cover of Spiderman in history, certainly the best Goblin cover of all time.

Ed