• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hickory NC ComicCon

57 posts in this topic

Just wanted to let people know about the:

Hickory Con Fall 2006

Hickory Metro Convention Center

Hickory, NC

Saturday, September 23

10am-5pm

This is a good little 1 day show that is put on by my LCS. This will be the second or third one that Time Tunnel has put on and it seems that it is getting bigger every time.

If you are in Winston, Charlotte, Gastonia, Ashville, it would take you about 1hr to get to the show. It is on I-40 and is extremely easy to find.

If enough forum members want to go, we can always do a little lunch.

Arex,

Count me in. yay.gif

hail.gif Allthough I probably wont have any money due to my recent purchases and purchases I make at Baltimore. But that has never stoped me from going and eating and talking comics.

So far we have:

Arex

Rick

svendust (maybe)

any others we can get confirmations from

I know if Sal goes he will want to eat at Hooters or some other chain poke2.gif

Count me in as a probable. I'm more into going for lunch. Do you know of any dealers who'll be there with decent GA stock?

hi.gif

Foss is a usual there, so is Shankle, Banks, Rick Fortenberry, the Dentist out of Winston, the guy out of Atlanta (tall guy with the unsorted boxes)

Love to have you come up and eat lunch with us Ray.

Arex

They meaning "Time Tunnel" or they meaning the ubiquitous they?

Yes, they had a "show" in Morganton that drew about 5 people (ok, thats hyperbole).

This show should be much much bigger than the Morganton show.

Arex

They meaning "Time Tunnel" or they meaning the ubiquitous they?

Yes, they had a "show" in Morganton that drew about 5 people (ok, thats hyperbole).

This show should be much much bigger than the Morganton show.

Arex

I have no idea who put it on. I was just commenting on the number of shows going on in a 60 mile radius. And with the new Charlotte 1 day starting next year, that's like...

2 Charlotte 1 days

1 Morganton

1 Hickory

and Heroes Con

That could be as many as 15 shows a year 893whatthe.gif Compare that to the 1 (2 if you count Dragon Con) shows that Atlanta supports, just a little strange that's all. confused-smiley-013.gif

Gotcha Jeff.

Is Rick cutting back and only doing 2 one day shows instead of the usual 4?

Plus, if you expand to Greensboro there is the annual Parts Unkown show as well.

There is a lot of shows here that is for sure.

Arex

Gotcha Jeff.

Plus, if you expand to Greensboro there is the annual Parts Unkown show as well.

Arex

No. 2 different 1 day shows. I heard someone was going to have a 1 day show in Charlotte in January. Rick's show is staying the same at 4 times/year

That could be as many as 15 shows a year 893whatthe.gif Compare that to the 1 (2 if you count Dragon Con) shows that Atlanta supports, just a little strange that's all. confused-smiley-013.gif

i think you could have a long and storied career putting on shows in the a-t-l but you had best get started

i think you could have a long and storied career putting on shows in the a-t-l but you had best get started

I've always wondered how much the hotel cost for the ballroom. Still too lazy to check those figures. Maybe I should get my secretary on that confused-smiley-013.gif

There has to be some $$$ in it though. How does that Hickory show compare to Rick's Charlotte show? I heard they were similar?

Gotcha Jeff.

Arex

No. 2 different 1 day shows. I heard someone was going to have a 1 day show in Charlotte in January. Rick's show is staying the same at 4 times/year

news.gif

We're going to have just 3 shows next year. Shelton is going to run the show in January. The 27th I think. Don't know a lot of details yet. We will be doing a Spring/Summer/Fall schedule.

Details to come.

See you guys in Hickory.