• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hickory NC ComicCon

57 posts in this topic

Gotcha Jeff.

Is Rick cutting back and only doing 2 one day shows instead of the usual 4?

Plus, if you expand to Greensboro there is the annual Parts Unkown show as well.

There is a lot of shows here that is for sure.

Arex

No. 2 different 1 day shows. I heard someone was going to have a 1 day show in Charlotte in January. Rick's show is staying the same at 4 times/year

news.gif

We're going to have just 3 shows next year. Shelton is going to run the show in January. The 27th I think. Don't know a lot of details yet. We will be doing a Spring/Summer/Fall schedule.

Details to come.

See you guys in Hickory.

Hey Rick. That makes more sense. Earl made it seem like Shelton was going to start competing a little. How does that hickory show compare to yours in size and # of people?

That could be as many as 15 shows a year 893whatthe.gif Compare that to the 1 (2 if you count Dragon Con) shows that Atlanta supports, just a little strange that's all. confused-smiley-013.gif

i think you could have a long and storied career putting on shows in the a-t-l but you had best get started

I could guarantee an attendance of 2 to each show. makepoint.gif

That could be as many as 15 shows a year 893whatthe.gif Compare that to the 1 (2 if you count Dragon Con) shows that Atlanta supports, just a little strange that's all. confused-smiley-013.gif

i think you could have a long and storied career putting on shows in the a-t-l but you had best get started

27_laughing.gif I think atl is cursed. I'm surprised Shelton doesn't try an Atlanta show. Maybe shoot for a mid-sized 2 day show or something. Very few of the shops are willing to promote any show here though, so I doubt anything will ever happen.

Gotcha Jeff.

Is Rick cutting back and only doing 2 one day shows instead of the usual 4?

Plus, if you expand to Greensboro there is the annual Parts Unkown show as well.

There is a lot of shows here that is for sure.

Arex

No. 2 different 1 day shows. I heard someone was going to have a 1 day show in Charlotte in January. Rick's show is staying the same at 4 times/year

news.gif

We're going to have just 3 shows next year. Shelton is going to run the show in January. The 27th I think. Don't know a lot of details yet. We will be doing a Spring/Summer/Fall schedule.

Details to come.

See you guys in Hickory.

Hey Rick. That makes more sense. Earl made it seem like Shelton was going to start competing a little. How does that hickory show compare to yours in size and # of people?

About the same size - actually more people have attended- but LOTS of gamers

27_laughing.gif I think atl is cursed. I'm surprised Shelton doesn't try an Atlanta show. Maybe shoot for a mid-sized 2 day show or something. Very few of the shops are willing to promote any show here though, so I doubt anything will ever happen.

I hear that the people that run DragonCon are doing a two day ACE (Atlanta Comics Expo) in April. You heard anything??

Wonder if this means Wizard has dropped their plans for an Atlanta show?

Just wanted to let people know about the:

Hickory Con Fall 2006

Hickory Metro Convention Center

Hickory, NC

Saturday, September 23

10am-5pm

This is a good little 1 day show that is put on by my LCS. This will be the second or third one that Time Tunnel has put on and it seems that it is getting bigger every time.

If you are in Winston, Charlotte, Gastonia, Ashville, it would take you about 1hr to get to the show. It is on I-40 and is extremely easy to find.

If enough forum members want to go, we can always do a little lunch.

To all the board members - come see me and all the other local dealers next Saturday in Hickory.

I'll be bringing lots of new books. I've bought three collections in the last month.

Picked up a lot of nice bronze and silver Marvels and DCs plus all the other stuff I always bring. GA, 50's horror and crime books, TV and Western comics, 50's Archies and Harveys, Disneys, Ducks, magazines and much much more.

See you there!!!

Sorry to say im not going to be able to make the show on Saturday. Im helping coach football at my middle school, and the head coach scheduled a game for Saturday tonofbricks.gif in a city an hour away Christo_pull_hair.gif for 3:30 in the afternoon 893censored-thumb.gif

Can we have a head count of folks who'll be there noonish for lunch? I'll come unless none of the forumites is showing up.

Sorry to say im not going to be able to make the show on Saturday. Im helping coach football at my middle school, and the head coach scheduled a game for Saturday tonofbricks.gif in a city an hour away Christo_pull_hair.gif for 3:30 in the afternoon 893censored-thumb.gif

Can we have a head count of folks who'll be there noonish for lunch? I'll come unless none of the forumites is showing up.

I still plan on going (I owe you a lunch anyway, Ray). Can soemone give me a street address or directions from 77?

We can have a B-Day Party for me! yay.gif I was supposed to go to Carowinds, but the stupid park is closed this weekend for a private function. sumo.gif