• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: I'm in a commercial... woo-hooo!!!

20 posts in this topic

Over twenty times. In the last few we mixed it up and an eight foot fake mako shark was thrown at me at the end along with buckets of water. That hurt alot. But not as much as my voice for the following week. I sounded like a mix between Quint from jaws and what it must sound like to talk through a broken glass. Ouch!

Thanks for the comments guys, you rule

'best

C

Been around here a long while, thought I'd share the stupidest thing I have ever done...

Yeah, its real and its wrong on so many levels. Hope ya all enjoy.

'best

C

That is quite cool that you are in a commercial!

But I don't get it. confused-smiley-013.gif

Or was that the plan for the sponsor?

Basically the plan we came up with was, we have little money and want as many people to remember it as possible. It stands out in the crowd of late night [embarrassing lack of self control] commercials. Also we wanted people to take notice of it, even if they were'nt watching the TV directly. Thought someone screaming would do the trick. Seems to have worked, its doing pretty well all of a sudden. Thanks for the comments guys.

'best

C

Oh yeah? Well i'm in a commercial too! It's on MuchMusic (Canadian music station) fairly regularly. I play a guy eating in a restaurant in a Pickle Barrel ads. I have like.. 3-4 seconds of face time! (though no dialogue)

I'm also going to be in one episode of a TV show on MuchMusic show called "Screwed Over". It's basically Punk'd, but with real people instead of actors. I got to "punk" my friend smile.gif

Thats great to hear man!!! I look forward to seeing your mug on the TV soon. Don't look forward to seeing me again, that I think was a one time thing for me, I make my living as a director and writer and with a face like mine, work much better behind the camera.

'best

Chris

Thats great to hear man!!! I look forward to seeing your mug on the TV soon. Don't look forward to seeing me again, that I think was a one time thing for me, I make my living as a director and writer and with a face like mine, work much better behind the camera.

'best

Chris

confused.gif Where the hell is that commercial playing? foreheadslap.gif

Basically the plan we came up with was, we have little money and want as many people to remember it as possible. It stands out in the crowd of late night [embarrassing lack of self control] commercials. Also we wanted people to take notice of it, even if they were'nt watching the TV directly. Thought someone screaming would do the trick. Seems to have worked, its doing pretty well all of a sudden. Thanks for the comments guys.

'best

C

Well, its been more than 24 hours since I watched it and I still remember it! thumbsup2.gifhi.gif

I did a commercial back in 1986 for my fraternity in order to advertise a rush. It aired during Letterman on NBC-Rochester, NY. It cost an absurdly low amount ($200) for a 30 second spot. Needless to say this was not the typical rush advertisement and even two years later students came up to me and mentioned it.

Best thing, I still have a copy! It was my television debut! yay.gif

Thats cool, Mark... This little commercial cost a few bucks more, you'd be shocked to learn how much those claws cost by a local FX house in town. But, it was all fun, I did it with friends as a kick basically to see if we could do it and get it aired and have some fun all at the same time, cause it was such a stupid insane idea.

I guess it worked. I laughed. It got aired and people are enjoying it alot more than I thought they would. Glad to hear it's still rattling around in your head. Show it around, love to hear more peoples thoughts on it. As allways you guys rule.

'best

Chris

Been around here a long while, thought I'd share the stupidest thing I have ever done...

Yeah, its real and its wrong on so many levels. Hope ya all enjoy.

'best

C

That is quite cool that you are in a commercial!

But I don't get it. confused-smiley-013.gif

Or was that the plan for the sponsor?

Uh..I don't get it either. confused-smiley-013.gif In my case, I'll assume it's the "if the music's too loud, you're too old" syndrome.

Congrats on the commercial! thumbsup2.gif

Maybe we'll do a sequel just for you and he can learn to accept them or...

Have it work that he becomes Lobsterman!!! and he can have a cape and boots and fly... I don't know? Maybe he has the power to squirt butter or somthing.

Or maybe not. 27_laughing.gif

Thanks for the great feedback guys. When we do another one, I'll definately link it up here again.

If you have any ideas for more... Throw em at me, love to hear what a bunch of comic guys and gals would want to see next, cause since I am one too I understand that most of us are certifieably insane and a little crazy could only help here.

'best

Chris