• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade KS Hulk #1

28 posts in this topic

I spoke with the graders and they said the same thing...it was a stunning book but the stain kept it from ever going higher than 9.0.

I could have lived with 9.0 but they mentioned a few other defects I did not pick up when I submitted it and they were there upon further inspection. The spine is one of the best on any squarebound book I have ever seen and I really felt it had a shot at 9.4 when I sent it. I am now more educated about stains and how they affect the grade and will be more careful in the future.

I spoke with the graders and they said the same thing...it was a stunning book but the stain kept it from ever going higher than 9.0.

I could have lived with 9.0 but they mentioned a few other defects I did not pick up when I submitted it and they were there upon further inspection. The spine is one of the best on any squarebound book I have ever seen and I really felt it had a shot at 9.4 when I sent it. I am now more educated about stains and how they affect the grade and will be more careful in the future.

stains and ncbc's will kill a book that otherwise would be uber HG. good eye on divad for intially mentioning it, as it is hard to see from the scan

stains and ncbc's will kill a book that otherwise would be uber HG.

According to the grading Gods poke2.gif

If they werent to tough on NCBC's I would hazard to guess that it would affect the pressing game a little.