• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Penciled artwork...or inked?

22 posts in this topic

Yeah, but then I guess most of you who would like to own a Quitely All Star Superman page won't, because it's all in pencil. The same will go with the Jeff Scott Campbell Spider-Man art that will be available through me next year. The first issue he might ink, but then, most likely it will be pencils.

Mitch I.

Those of us who posted stated that we own penciled pieces...although we prefer inks. And we think that pencils only aren't as valuable nor as high on our priority lists...but like what was said "sometimes you have no choice...."

I would buy pencils only, but I won't pay big bucks for them....

I would buy pencils only, but I won't pay big bucks for them....

I agree - If there is a significant difference in price, I would assuage, but this typically doesn't seem to be the case. I wish Wieringo would switch back to having his stuff inked on board - I really want some of his more recent Spider-man stuff, but are only pencil and are marred by X's (to tell the inker to shade) most of the time.