• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where is KK when you need him?? ASM 43 cover up for sale!!!!

50 posts in this topic

Hold onto your hats. ASM 43 cover by Romita scheduled for sale in October by philipweissauctions.com Looks like a great sale and this should have collectors printing money in the basement for the next few months! By KK's calculations, it should top a gazillion dollars!

Some of the original comic art images are already posted & ready for bidding. Phil's estimates actually look reasonable. e.g. Severin's best Hulk cover #105 hi-estimate only $3,000.

Buyer's premium is 13% if u use your cr card. 893blahblah.gif

No image yet. Time to start stuffing that cash into bags!

1367247-money%21.jpg

I still love that image....even though it's been used many times....

We need to adopt him as a mascot

Just for you . . . .

DeCastrate!!!!!!!

I will bid MAD Money on this. OA is Under Valued!!!!

1367247-money%21.jpg

Bwhaahahahhahahaha!!!!

Peace & Love All . . . .. . Well almost all.!!!

PS - Despite "Mean Genes" "Opinion" clickhere is not bidding. smile.gif

Uh...good for you? confused-smiley-013.gif I'm not bidding on it, so bid all the Mad Money you want. I always say, "buy what you like", and it's clear you, uh, really like this stuff, so "go for it", uh, or something...

BTW, if OA, particularly SA Spidey OA, is so undervalued, why didn't you bid up those ASM #31 pages? A lot of people thought the prices were pretty low in large part due to the fact that people had to pony up cash money all at once. That sounds like it would have been the perfect opportunity for a sage, opportunistic individual with "bags of cash" to swoop in and buy up these undervalued beauties and mint some easy money, no? confused-smiley-013.gif

Just for you . . . .

DeCastrate!!!!!!!

I will bid MAD Money on this. OA is Under Valued!!!!

1367247-money%21.jpg

Bwhaahahahhahahaha!!!!

Peace & Love All . . . .. . Well almost all.!!!

PS - Despite "Mean Genes" "Opinion" clickhere is not bidding. smile.gif

Uh...good for you? confused-smiley-013.gif I'm not bidding on it, so bid all the Mad Money you want. I always say, "buy what you like", and it's clear you, uh, really like this stuff, so "go for it", uh, or something...

BTW, if OA, particularly SA Spidey OA, is so undervalued, why didn't you bid up those ASM #31 pages? A lot of people thought the prices were pretty low in large part due to the fact that people had to pony up cash money all at once. That sounds like it would have been the perfect opportunity for a sage, opportunistic individual with "bags of cash" to swoop in and buy up these undervalued beauties and mint some easy money, no? confused-smiley-013.gif

Ahh, my poor Delicatessan...you just won't ever get it, will you? poke2.giftongue.gifwink.gif

ANYWAY

Wow...other covers in the auction:

Tales of Suspense #98 - Cap/Black Panther battle by Kirby/Shores!

Strange Tales #166 - great Dr. Strange cover by Atkins?

Fantasy Masterpieces cover by Kirby...

I'd say the TOS cover goes for 75K - ST for 25K and the FM for 50K -- just to put it out there...

All I have to say is that new product on the market is only good for the hobby because it keeps the market healthy...

I'd say the TOS cover goes for 75K - ST for 25K and the FM for 50K -- just to put it out there...

Here is my take....

On the TOS cover $75k would be an amazing number for a cover with 2 characters and no background. It is not impossible but it would be a record and a head scratcher.

For the ST cover I believe $25k would be double the record for an Adkins ST cover. Actually that is 20%-30% more than Adkins inked Wally Wook late 60's covers have sold for at auction.

The Fantasy Masterpieces is almost all stat if its the same one I saw.

Chris

My take without seeing the ToS or Spidey scans:

Tos $40 to 45k

Strange Tales $15kish

Fantasy M. if not mostly stat $20 to 25kish

ASM $60 to 70kish

These would be the retail auction numbers in my opinion.... and not too shabby either.