• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where is KK when you need him?? ASM 43 cover up for sale!!!!

50 posts in this topic

I am going to step forward and proudly announce that I was NOT the high bidder on this $50,000 cover that sold for $99,000.

The # 43 piece was gorgeous

A true gem

Only 22 large sized Spidey covers were created

Only about 15 large sized Spidey covers have been seen

And all are pretty much locked away in private collections

I am going to step forward and proudly announce that I was NOT the high bidder on this $50,000 cover that sold for $99,000.

Only 22 large sized Spidey covers were created

Aren't you forgetting about the strip's creator, Steve Ditko? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've seen images of three of the four listed (never seen the 8)

The # 30 used to be up on Tom Neal's Lowry Gallery. I've got a jpeg of the photo showing the # 28 cover (as below)..

Wouldn't mind seeing an image of the # 11 original, if anyone's got one?

2ntbn75.jpg

Got this email today, wonder how much it screwed up the final bids? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hello,

Thank you for registering on eBay for Philip Weiss' Live Auction on Saturday, October 21, 2006. On Saturday, eBay experienced a hardware-related issue on our Live Auction platform. This issue prevented people from placing live bids on eBay Live Auction catalog listings. Also, as a result of this issue, absentee bids left on the items were unable to be executed during the auction. As a result, any closing prices on the ended item pages are simply the starting prices of the items, and are not the actual sales price.

We understand that this situation may have caused you problems or frustration during your auctions, and we apologize. We've taken steps to ensure that the root cause of this issue has been addressed to prevent any future incident of this nature.

We appreciate your use of eBay's Live Auctions, and we hope you'll continue to participate in live auctions with us in the future.

Sincerely,

John McDonald

Director, Marketplace Trust

Got this email today, wonder how much it screwed up the final bids? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hello,

Thank you for registering on eBay for Philip Weiss' Live Auction on Saturday, October 21, 2006. On Saturday, eBay experienced a hardware-related issue on our Live Auction platform. This issue prevented people from placing live bids on eBay Live Auction catalog listings. Also, as a result of this issue, absentee bids left on the items were unable to be executed during the auction. As a result, any closing prices on the ended item pages are simply the starting prices of the items, and are not the actual sales price.

We understand that this situation may have caused you problems or frustration during your auctions, and we apologize. We've taken steps to ensure that the root cause of this issue has been addressed to prevent any future incident of this nature.

We appreciate your use of eBay's Live Auctions, and we hope you'll continue to participate in live auctions with us in the future.

Sincerely,

John McDonald

Director, Marketplace Trust

I know I tried to bid and wasn't able to, though I don't know if I was over the ending high bids Was so frsutrated I stopped trying and didn't feel like checking in to see what things went for. I don't remember what bids I wanted to make exactly but I think I was trying to bid about 500K on the asm cover. What'd it go for?.