• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lighthouse's Biggest Sale Post Ever... 500+ different TPBs

44 posts in this topic

DC Vertigo ….. Preacher: Gone to Texas …. Vol 1 …. Reprints 1-7 …. Lists for $14.95 …. Yours for $8.00 …. 1 available

DC Vertigo ….. Preacher: Until The End of the World …. Vol 2 …. Reprints 8-17 …. Lists for $14.95 …. Yours for $8.00 …. 1 available

takeit.gif

These two are mine along with the other three. yay.gif

I held the M-bag record to Chrome at a little over 10 weeks.

But you live on the left coast so it may take 1-2 more weeks for it to travel the extra 3000 miles to the east coast.

It's been 11 -12 weeks so there is still hope. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I think it's long enough now where you can start the process of tracking the thing. The USPS has the inquiry system for international packages centralized now - there is an 800 number you can call.

But you live on the left coast so it may take 1-2 more weeks for it to travel the extra 3000 miles to the east coast.

Actually I am on the Third Coast now...

It's been 12 weeks and 3 days at this point... foreheadslap.gif

I think it's long enough now where you can start the process of tracking the thing. The USPS has the inquiry system for international packages centralized now - there is an 800 number you can call.

You happen to have that number? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

pm sent

PM received

PM read

PM answered

Last week at work, we did the Texas Nursery Landscaping Association show, which is basically like a Home and Garden show on steroids. An industry show, so not open to the public. Probably the coolest product I saw on the show was the Treegator. But it was a little different seeing my forklift operators (who are used to transporting 3,000lb crates) struggling with hauling trees. The heaviest ones we brought into the show went around 24,000lbs, and we had a bunch of medjools over 15K each. It's just a whole different experience carrying a 30-foot-tall oak tree down the aisle, even for guys who have worked big shows like Homebuilders...

Over 80% of all the display material was given away after the show. Some of my coworkers took home 2000lbs plus of paving stones, rock wall, etc...

I think the most interesting thing I saw on the show period was a poster advertising the Crape Myrtle Trails of McKinney Texas. Apparently they have made arrangements with the city (and arranged private funding) to plant 50,000 Crape Myrtles throughout town.

The website is here:

Crape Myrtle Trails of McKinney

If they continue with this ambitious plan, I would highly recommend visiting McKinney sometime in 2020. They should be absolutely spectacular by then. thumbsup2.gif

pm sent

PM received

PM read

PM answered

Last week at work, we did the Texas Nursery Landscaping Association show, which is basically like a Home and Garden show on steroids. An industry show, so not open to the public. Probably the coolest product I saw on the show was the Treegator. But it was a little different seeing my forklift operators (who are used to transporting 3,000lb crates) struggling with hauling trees. The heaviest ones we brought into the show went around 24,000lbs, and we had a bunch of medjools over 15K each. It's just a whole different experience carrying a 30-foot-tall oak tree down the aisle, even for guys who have worked big shows like Homebuilders...

Over 80% of all the display material was given away after the show. Some of my coworkers took home 2000lbs plus of paving stones, rock wall, etc...

I think the most interesting thing I saw on the show period was a poster advertising the Crape Myrtle Trails of McKinney Texas. Apparently they have made arrangements with the city (and arranged private funding) to plant 50,000 Crape Myrtles throughout town.

The website is here:

Crape Myrtle Trails of McKinney

If they continue with this ambitious plan, I would highly recommend visiting McKinney sometime in 2020. They should be absolutely spectacular by then. thumbsup2.gif

bah. we have about 20,000 in our neighborhood alone. Charlotte is full, full i say, of crape myrtles. God help the man that is allergic to them hi.gif

Thanks to all those who have ordered so far... A few dozen TPBs are now winging their way across the country... or actually I guess they are hitching rides on trucks that barely have some room leftover...

Nearly everything on the list is still available, and I still have free time the next few days, so shipping is pretty quick until this time next week.

In addition... I'll be starting a contest...

Guess the M-Bag Delivery Date!

There are currently two M-Bags en route to Europe from my local post office. One was shipped to Chromium in Belgium 13 weeks ago today (standard delivery time is 6-8 weeks). The other was shipped to Flaming_Telepath 5 weeks ago today. See the attached pdf for a copy of the postage receipt with customs tracking numbers.

How to Play:

Guess the delivery dates of both shipments. Post your guess as a reply to this thread. If your guess is that one (or both) of the shipments has been lost at sea, feel free to post that.

The Rules:

One guess per forumite. The first guess per forumite is the only one that will be counted. Ties will be broken by earliest posting date. Entries close the day the first (of the two) M-Bags is delivered. Contest ends the day the 2nd M-Bag is delivered, or on October 31st, whichever is earlier. Any guess of a date after October 31st will be treated as a "lost at sea" guess. Entries will be scored by total days difference from reality.

The Prize:

Twenty-Five pounds of TPBs donated to a charity of your choice, in your name. Total retail value approximately $500. Consult your tax advisor for questions about deductibility.

The top three entries will also each get a grab bag of miscellaneous stuff. thumbsup2.gif

1375495-DET478.pdf

How very interesting...

I just entered the tracking number for FT's M-Bag (which can be clearly seen on the receipt) and the results are:

Label/Receipt Number: LC38 5706 497U S

Detailed Results:

Bullet Delivered, August 16, 2006, 3:20 pm, SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84106

Bullet Acceptance, July 25, 2006, 3:32 pm, SAN ANTONIO, TX 78246

Now, that acceptance time does jive with the shipment I sent. It was on the 25th and pretty close to 3:30pm... But clearly it was not sent to SLC???? I have heard before that the tracking on international stuff is glitchy at best, but geez...

As an update, the tracking from Chromium's had been "archived", but after an email they reactivated it. Still showing shipped on 5/30 with no results after... frown.gif

mage ….. Midnight Nation …. …. Reprints 1-12 …. Lists for $24.99 …. Yours for $12.00

Marvel ….. Powers: Legends …. Vol 8 …. Reprints v2 1-6 …. Lists for $17.95 …. Yours for $9.50

takeit.gif

I'm going to guess they will both be undelivered by 10/31 -- lost at sea.

Sad to say, but you have a good chance of winning... being the first to guess that and all...

Did your birthday present ever arrive? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes it did and thank you! But why did you have to include those pictures of you and Greggy dressed up like Eros-Wonder Woman and Eros-Wonder Girl? And what the hell was with all of those greasy fingerprint? I thought KY was water soluable.

Yes it did and thank you! But why did you have to include those pictures of you and Greggy dressed up like Eros-Wonder Woman and Eros-Wonder Girl? And what the hell was with all of those greasy fingerprint? I thought KY was water soluable.
893naughty-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

received my lot of TPBs from House..packaged well and arrived in a week. Thanks! thumbsup2.gif

Hmm... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I should be getting mine soon.

edit:

I see you live on the east coast too. smile.gif

received my lot of TPBs from House..packaged well and arrived in a week. Thanks! thumbsup2.gif

Hmm... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I should be getting mine soon.

edit:

I see you live on the east coast too. smile.gif

Yes, but I like gman better than you 893naughty-thumb.gif... so I buried your trades in a kimchee jar in the backyard. Once the kimchee is ready, I'll dig them up and get them sent out... confused-smiley-013.gif

stooges.gif