• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Watchmen: 20 years later....

7 posts in this topic

I was recently looking through the threads, and someone was looking for "Mulligan's Stew", which I have somewhere....But I CANNOT find it, (!!!!)

frustrated.gif

However, while digging, I came across some of these old "DC Releases", (Brought to you by DC Comics and your local comics bookstore!) Anybody remember these ?

watchman.jpg

And it got me.....TWENTY YEARS !?!? HOLY 893censored-thumb.gif

I can remember it like yesterday, but, when I really think about, it seems like a lifetime ago !!!!

Anyway, I have not re-read this for a loooong time, and what better way to discover whether or not this series has "stood the test of time" (IMHO), than by celebrating it's 20th anniversary ,digging out my TPB , and "having at it" for the next couple of days !!!

Any thoughts going in....I welcome all opinions.....

Anyway, I thought forumites would get a kick out of this old DC Release....

Enjoy thumbsup2.gif

I remember that advertisment and waiting in anticipation for that series. Wow.. that was a lifetime ago. I think I'll reread that again too. That ad brings back so many good memories. I still think it's one of the best stories, I loved that and Batman; Dark Knight Returns.

I remember that advertisment and waiting in anticipation for that series. Wow.. that was a lifetime ago. I think I'll reread that again too. That ad brings back so many good memories. I still think it's one of the best stories, I loved that and Batman; Dark Knight Returns.

I'll dig and see if I have the ad for TDKR ,if I do, I'll post it. I believe I have them all from 84-87..."The Comic Book Store Years"..... 27_laughing.gif

I bought that series when it came out, and still reread it every so often. Still a compulsive read - if only super-hero comics series these days could be similarly paced instead of the usual opening fight scene/expository dialogue/more OTT fight scenes....