• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can't figure out proper grade

9 posts in this topic

I saw this book on eBay. Not sure how to grade it. it looks nice, except for the white out on the cover. Was considering it. Any opinions on the grade would be very welcome. thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Detective-Comics-47-20th-app-BATMAN-ROBIN-Jan-1941_W0QQitemZ320019533206QQihZ011QQcategoryZ35751QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

From the description I'd say around "Fair" 1.5/1.0. Here it is, bold emphasis mine...

"CONDITION: looks vf but is really a Nice looking low grade filler/reader copy, pages are cream/slightly brittle and interior is nice and solid with spliting of spine on wraps up to 6"'s or less from bottom, stamps and dates on pages plus white out on bottom of "H.R.P." on cover but book still looks and feels great because of this this book is sold as is"

detective_comics_47_a.jpg

If it was just the cover I'd say Fa/Gd 1.5. With all those interior pages split also, I'd say that's one of the nicest looking Fair books that you'll find. You should be able to sell it at a premium to the fair price. Tuck it away.