• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

M y Recent trip Back Home

48 posts in this topic

I'll try not to bore you guys too much, so Ill share a few pics of my recent trip back to Greece.

Here are some random pics.

Pic is of authentic Greek soldiers guarding the tomb of the unknown soldier in frtont of the Greek Parliament in Athens.

FH020006.jpg

More pix please. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Sorry Cap N mandi could not make the trip with you, it would have been great to see Mandi sick from too much Ouzo. And Cap giving his respects to the Unknown Soldier..

Glad you had a fun, and safe trip. Any stories to relate?

Ze-

I'll try not to bore you guys too much, so Ill share a few pics of my recent trip back to Greece.

Here are some random pics.

Pic is of authentic Greek soldiers guarding the tomb of the unknown soldier in frtont of the Greek Parliament in Athens.

I missed the changing of the guard when I was there.

I just got to see them standing there like statues or the guards at Buckinham Palance

Acropolis, and yes I spilled on my shirt crazy.gif

I can honestly say that I felt like a complete stranger/tourist in my country. The ruins were just amazing and this was my first visit to Athens.

FH000002.jpg

Athens in the background atop Acropolis. My moms cousin was our host for 2 days when we went there. There are over 5 million people that live in Athens. Trust me when I tell you it is beyond congested.

FH010006.jpg

I can honestly say that I felt like a complete stranger/tourist in my country. The ruins were just amazing and this was my first visit to Athens.

FH000002.jpg

and as things would have it, there's resto going on behind Nik 893whatthe.gif

FH000002.jpg

Resto is a good way...

you guys need to see it in person

There is a museam at Acropolis, and some of the ruins that are there were amazing. Its hard to beleive that this stuff is over 2500 years old.

FH010012.jpg

FH000002.jpg

Well, if a comic was 3000 years old and falling apart, I think some restro might be a good thing.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, if a comic was 3000 years old and falling apart, I think some restro might be a good thing.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That would be the frescoes from Thera then.

Nope, no fishing but ate plenty of Seafood smile.gif

Every Wednesday and Saturday in my town, they close off 3 blocks and have what we call a Laiki, which is just hundreds of vendors selling clothes, fruit, vegetables, you name it.

So I took this next pic for Sal who said he liked olives

FH030035.jpg