• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

M y Recent trip Back Home

48 posts in this topic

Just awesome! thumbsup2.gif

Glad you and your family had such a great time!

Thanks for sharing headbang.gif

Ditto - and feel free to share more pics if you got 'em................

i plan on cruising the Mediterranean for my 60th ( 893whatthe.gif) next year, and Athens, Mykonos and Santorini are all on the itinerary................

Glad you had such a great time.............. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Nikos, I visited Athens way back 3 years ago...i remember its hot there cool.gif and that its a nice country...specially Acropolis, btw i remember we have a small lunch there somewhere...can you recommend any good authentic greek food? thanks

893applaud-thumb.gif

Athens is expensive, hot but alot of history to see. Now for your picks of islands, Santorini is great, antoher couple of islands real close to Athens is Skiathos and Skopolos. Rhodos is cloud9.gif, Kos is another great island. Most of the islanders speak English so you can get around fairly easy, same with Athens.

My take on Mykonos is, its a beautiful island for couples, (same sex couples gossip.gif) not that there is anything wrong with that.

If you have time recommend you fly to Thessaloniki, northern part of Greece (where Nikos is from smile.gif). Short drive is Halkidiki. Porto Caras resort is just a phenomenal resort to visit. Over 200 acres near the shoreline, hotels for the rich and shameless that start from around 150 euro a night up to 1100 euro a night.

You definately will have fun and a trip you soon wont forget

thumbsup2.gif

Nikos, I visited Athens way back 3 years ago...i remember its hot there cool.gif and that its a nice country...specially Acropolis, btw i remember we have a small lunch there somewhere...can you recommend any good authentic greek food? thanks

Souvlaki is a specialty, along with Roasted Lamb. Gyros is very big, and now they started serving Chicken Gyro.

Octopus, grilled or chilled is great. Mussels Saganaki is fantastic, fried calamari. Try the cheeses as almost everyone creates a different type of dish with feta. Make sure you wash it down with Mythos, a smooth tasting Greek beer.

Souvlaki is a specialty, along with Roasted Lamb. Gyros is very big, and now they started serving Chicken Gyro.

Octopus, grilled or chilled is great. Mussels Saganaki is fantastic, fried calamari. Try the cheeses as almost everyone creates a different type of dish with feta. Make sure you wash it down with Mythos, a smooth tasting Greek beer.

olives!

sumo.gif