• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roy Thomas?

24 posts in this topic

Roy Thomas, Gerry Conaway, Bill Mantlo (lost to injury),

Roy Thomas has also been writing the notes to the Chronicles of Conan TPBs. Very interesting stuff.

Gerry Conway sometimes writes and produces episodes from the of Law & Order franchise. Watch his episodes carefully as he often inserts the names of comic book pros into the storylines. A character named John Byrne featured prominently in one episode.

Is Bill Mantlo still alive? I heard he was seriously injured in a bike accident on Long Island years ago. Last I heard he was in some sort of facility, and it sounded as if they didn't expect him to recover, but I've never heard an update.

Can someone explain this to me: confused-smiley-013.gif

Maybe they couldn't adapt to the illegalization of thought ballons

Check a BA and Modern book and you'll notice that thought balloons are going the way of the dodo. That's what the poster is saying: writing styles have evolved. Less thought balloons, no more omniscient caption, disappearing footnotes and path arrows and the pity of disappearing single-issue stories (Thank G. for Jonah Hex).

thumbsup2.gif

I thought someone actually made thought balloons illegal. Now a days you never know.... 27_laughing.gif

No, they haven't made thought balloons illegal.

Just the contents.

Jack

(I think)

Is Bill Mantlo still alive? I heard he was seriously injured in a bike accident on Long Island years ago. Last I heard he was in some sort of facility, and it sounded as if they didn't expect him to recover, but I've never heard an update.

According to Tony Isabella, Bill is still alive but with brain damage. I'm thinking that I might send a Christmas card to his family this year.