• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,721 posts in this topic

On 8/19/2020 at 6:15 PM, Jordysnordy said:

I finally upgraded my 9.0

517E00E7-B06C-4EC2-96B2-1ACD8DFEB6B9.jpeg

DAmn, got a link to the 9.0?  And assuming you got rid of the 9.0, or are you keeping both for the collection? :)  

And is this the end, or are you still hunting for a better grade? ;)

My evidently rather humble plan is to just to finish out the McFarlane ASM run...  Just not sure if I want to go for an investment grade CGC slabbed #316, or just go the cheaper route and get a decent looking raw set...  Thinking I'll start with my favourite covers, and the most expensive issue (316), and then hopefully it'll also be a good excuse to visit my LCS to fill the rest in from their back-issue boxes, for $5/each if I'm lucky :).  Figure it makes sense to grab my favourites first, and then I'll be in no rush to get the rest...

Or, I could just order them all online right now, likely for the same price, but then, where's the fun in that?  So many problems!

Edited by StreetPreacher

9 minutes ago, StreetPreacher said:

DAmn, got a link to the 9.0?  And assuming you got rid of the 9.0, or are you keeping both for the collection? :)  

And is this the end, or are you still hunting for a better grade? ;)

My evidently rather humble plan is to just to finish out the McFarlane ASM run...  Just not sure if I want to go for an investment grade CGC slabbed #316, or just go the cheaper route and get a decent looking raw set...  Thinking I'll start with my favourite covers, and the most expensive issue (316), and then hopefully it'll also be a good excuse to visit my LCS to fill the rest in from their back-issue boxes, for $5/each if I'm lucky :).  Figure it makes sense to grab my favourites first, and then I'll be in no rush to get the rest...

Or, I could just order them all online right now, likely for the same price, but then, where's the fun in that?  So many problems!

Is 300 not the most expensive issue in the McFarlane run?

4 minutes ago, piper said:

Is 300 not the most expensive issue in the McFarlane run?

Whoops!  You are CORRECT SIR!  

I guess I tend to just ignore #300 as if it doesn't exist, since prices for that issue are already more than I'm willing to spend on a single book :)

Although YES, I believe the heirarchy is probably #300, #316, 

And, I'm not sure why, but it seems that Todd's SECOND issue #299 tends to sell for more than his inaugural issue #298?  Is there a simple explanation for this?  Is it due to a character appearance, or just supply demand?

Edited by StreetPreacher

14 minutes ago, StreetPreacher said:

Whoops!  You are CORRECT SIR!  

I guess I tend to just ignore #300 as if it doesn't exist, since prices for that issue are already more than I'm willing to spend on a single book :)

Although YES, I believe the heirarchy is probably #300, #316, 

And, I'm not sure why, but it seems that Todd's SECOND issue #299 tends to sell for more than his inaugural issue #298?  Is there a simple explanation for this?  Is it due to a character appearance, or just supply demand?

I'm sure you can afford a 300, just not a 9.8 copy.  I bought my copy off the news stand and it probably would be an 8.5 or 9.0 at best.  I had Todd sign the splash page when he was at Calgary Comic Expo a couple of years ago.

8 minutes ago, piper said:

I'm sure you can afford a 300, just not a 9.8 copy.  I bought my copy off the news stand and it probably would be an 8.5 or 9.0 at best.  I had Todd sign the splash page when he was at Calgary Comic Expo a couple of years ago.

Yeah, looks like 5s are ONLY going for slightly over $200, and I'm pretty sure that would be for a raw example. lol.

Also, truth be told, I was never a big fan of that ASM #300 cover...  Evidently it would have been a prescient investment purchase, but when I'm looking for sweet cover art to display, ASM #300 just never seems to make the list...

Edited by StreetPreacher

12 hours ago, StreetPreacher said:

Yeah, looks like 5s are ONLY going for slightly over $200, and I'm pretty sure that would be for a raw example. lol.

Also, truth be told, I was never a big fan of that ASM #300 cover...  Evidently it would have been a prescient investment purchase, but when I'm looking for sweet cover art to display, ASM #300 just never seems to make the list...

I love the Anniversary issues.

Venom.png&key=e5304fb74f2e883da8d921f930

Untitled-asm100-200-300.jpg