• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,460 posts in this topic

On 9/10/2021 at 6:59 AM, Webhead2018 said:

How do you go about putting your cgc books in registry. I only have one cgc book at this time.

Go to the registry and click on "view other members sets and explore the registry" which will bring up competitive sets and the alphabet. Click on the letter under whichever set you want to build starts with. Scroll down and choose a set type. Click on the set type and just above the top set holder is a box that says "Create a set." Choose your own set name, type a set description if you wish and then add your book to your set using the CGC number on the slab. Scroll down and click "Save changes" and then you should be in business. 

You bet!  (thumbsu  The registry can be a lot of fun! Some collectors use it to keep track of which issues they have and in what grades they have them. I myself have referenced my registry at a show to avoid buying a duplicate copy on more than one occasion. It's also a lot of fun to look at other collections, at least the ones that have pics, that is. lol  

Ya stuff like that is good tobhave. For example my total comic collection I digitized on like a Microsoft Word program and I have it saved on my phone. And I add to it when ever I get new books so I see all the series and issues I have and so forth. Plus I like it that way vs buying any of those apps that do it and cost x amount. 

On 9/12/2021 at 1:12 PM, pickycollector said:

Wow:whatthe:

Link?

It's the recent signature auction from Heritage ... # 1 ASM Registry set. I believe there are only 2 at 9.8, but it isn't what I'd call common all the way down to 9.0. My last 9.0 cost me $ 400. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 9/13/2021 at 11:15 AM, eschnit said:

Thank you!  I love it too, though I think it’s more Amazing than Spectacular 😂

Ha! I ALMOST typed that! An awesome issue and quite a copy to have! I love the White Mountain books! I think I only have just this one book from that pedigree (sorry, it's not a Spidey).

Doctor Strange 172 9.6 w White Mountain front.jpg

On 9/13/2021 at 8:52 AM, The Man Without Beer said:

My biggest book/purchase to date has finally arrived. Although a lifelong DD fan, my ASM collection has now surpassed my Daredevil collection at this point. I love that this book has the Kirby sig note. I've looked up 20+ years of HA sales of this book (500+) and have not found another one signed by "The King". Anyone happen to know if other ASM 1s signed by Kirby are out there?

20210911_121638.jpg

VERY attractive copy for the grade!!! Congratulations!!!  :applause:

I have a pic of my 32 but not my 42. I bought this 32 in an original owner collection in the mid 90s. I did have it pressed and graded at a Chicago show sometime in the mid 2000s. I should get a better pic of it at some point. It's really nice in hand.

Amazing Spider-Man 32 9.2 ow-w front.png

On 9/13/2021 at 11:38 AM, Frisco Larson said:

Ha! I ALMOST typed that! An awesome issue and quite a copy to have! I love the White Mountain books! I think I only have just this one book from that pedigree (sorry, it's not a Spidey).

Doctor Strange 172 9.6 w White Mountain front.jpg

That’s a cool book too.  Poor Dr. Strange.  Whatever quality control Marvel had in place to be consistently good, Paste Pot Pete on the Dr. Strange intro cover was a miss. Love Dr. Strange, can’t pull the trigger on a Strange Tales 110 though lol.  
...I like the White Mountain pedigree too.  Among silver, it’s one of the best.

Edited by eschnit

On 9/13/2021 at 12:35 PM, eschnit said:

That’s a cool book too.  Poor Dr. Strange.  Whatever quality control Marvel had in place to be consistently good, Paste Pot Pete on the Dr. Strange intro cover was a miss. Love Dr. Strange, can’t pull the trigger on a Strange Tales 110 though lol.  

Thanks! I dig Doctor Strange as well and I too have, as yet, been unable to justify the loot for Strange Tales #110 when he's not even on the cover. It'll have to be the right copy, the right way. 

On 9/13/2021 at 1:35 PM, eschnit said:

White Mountain :cloud9:

Gloss and suppleness that just can't be experienced in a scan. I like the smell of them as well. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu