• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,460 posts in this topic

Picked this one up from CycleGirl.

ASM30.jpg

(thumbs u Great Cover. I was never a big fan of that story. It somehow didn't fit well into the continuity.

It was kind of disjointed but needed. It was the end of Betty Brant and Pete's relationship.

Leaving the door wide open for that blonde bombshell (Not Millie the Model) Gwen Stacy who makes her first apperarance in the nesxt issue.

Gwen :cloud9:

Iron Man and Ant Man for Spider-Man? You aren't really disappointed are you? That's ground for having to turn over your webslinger books... (tsk)

Pretty much a fair trade.

Judge for yourself:

TOS 43 loose centerfold

TTA 48 1st Porky

Rhonda- I'm probably going to throw your numbers off since I'm a raw, low-grade collector, but consider my hat thrown in the ring. :)

And Cap, it's found on the upper left corner from the front cover of old SA Spideys. :)

I got that I've just never seen a green one.

Rhonda- I'm probably going to throw your numbers off since I'm a raw, low-grade collector, but consider my hat thrown in the ring. :)

And Cap, it's found on the upper left corner from the front cover of old SA Spideys. :)

I got that I've just never seen a green one.

Found it. Its either from ASM 3 or 5

Hey now! Go take a look- they were submitted in the PGM Thread. Ballpark on each was ASM in 2.0 - 3.0 (down in my books as a 2.5), and the ASM 5 somewhere between 0.5 - 1.5 (again, in my books as a 1.0). BUT, when you consider the fact I only paid $100 ($85 on the 3 and $15 on the 5)total for the two of them... Where are all the funny remarks about my low-grades now? hm;)

Boy, and I was just in my LCS today and sitting up on the rack right behind the cash register was their copy of ASM 9. I was thinking how cool it's going to be when I finally own a copy of that issue as I always really liked Electro as a kid.

So, I'm reading through all of the ASMs I own again and it just makes me better appreciate what a loss it was when Gwen died in 121. I grew up with MJ, but really... thank goodness they grew her character up cause I forgot how annoying she could be in the older stuff.