• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,508 posts in this topic

....me too, but I expect 1-20 to be a bit expensive!

Blue808 & the collectron - they're comics to be proud of! Excuse me while I turn green..!

They will cost you a bit more even if you're shooting for low grades like I do. That said, the hunt and payoff on these is SO much more rewarding. I love filling holes in my run, but when I've been able to nail down an ASM from the first 20 issues.... AH! :cloud9:

Blue808 & the collectron - they're comics to be proud of! Excuse me while I turn green..!

They will cost you a bit more even if you're shooting for low grades like I do. That said, the hunt and payoff on these is SO much more rewarding. I love filling holes in my run, but when I've been able to nail down an ASM from the first 20 issues.... AH! :cloud9:

I'm going to keep my eyes out for a nice looking 7 (Vulture yuck) when I visit Metropolis next month. I will then only need 2-5, assuming the 8 & 9 ever make it through Canada Customs. ;)

Couldn't agree more, Mac. I'm just starting to rebuild my ASM collection. I'm particularly interested in the first twenty. Like many, I can't afford the higher grade books, so I'm concentrating on books that show well, and I'm trying to get them all with WHITE pages. Most Spidey's aren't that hard to find, but finding a lower grade that displays well with white pages can be a bit more interesting (and, a lot cheaper). Here is my latest find...

ASM2.jpeg

Like you said... :cloud9:

lol Rahigh, you're too blueblood for my dirty low grade collecting habits! That's a beautiful looking #2 you have there. Very ambitious to go after W/P in those older issues too. I'll bet that really makes for a challenging hunt.

A while back, someone around here jokingly referred to an ASM #1 on ComicLink's focused Nov. auction as a perfect trifecta: 0.5 CGC, restored, and incomplete (centerfold missing)...But its front cover presented quite well and if I had around $250 I would've been tempted (and naively thought I'd have a chance at it). Anyway, I honestly didn't think it'd even reach $400, but I see it fetched $626 tonight. Thoughts, anyone?...

THats pretty high its 2nd spidey and the chameleon sucks. Restored Silver Age :sick: Not even complete. I bet who ever buys it is going to crack it out and mylar it and if he plans to sell it put it on Ebay starting bid: 500? and don't disclose resto, centerfold missing etc.

THats pretty high its 2nd spidey and the chameleon sucks. Restored Silver Age :sick: Not even complete. I bet who ever buys it is going to crack it out and mylar it and if he plans to sell it put it on Ebay starting bid: 500? and don't disclose resto, centerfold missing etc.

A wicked prospect but certainly not out of the realm of possibility...

Cap, how bitter and jaded for one so young! ;)

I'd be totally fine with a resto'd SA comic. Any day. Missing pages aren't even a major bother PROVIDING they do not affect storyline. If it does, I won't even consider it.

That said, I wouldn't have been surprised to see it hit the $400 range, but $625 definitely seems a bit much. BUT coverless copies seem to be going for between $200-$500 so ... :shrug:

Cap, how bitter and jaded for one so young! ;)

I'd be totally fine with a resto'd SA comic. Any day. Missing pages aren't even a major bother PROVIDING they do not affect storyline. If it does, I won't even consider it.

:o(tsk)