• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,476 posts in this topic

:cloud9:

I guess it's as simple as: it's a fun title to collect that many of us grew up on, starring one of the most beloved superheroes. Plus, the internet has made the early issues that much more attainable. No way I could have finished my Ditko run without ebay, not to mention some of the great members & dealers right here on the boards.

Well said!

Spidey is always a good seller and a good buy. Case in point.

Board Spidey Sale

Nice Pickup on those last 10 Amazing Spidermans in that thread!!! (thumbs u I made an offer on them. I have to stop the lowball Madness!!! Need 46 Issues to complete my run...And I needed all 10 of the ones you bought! :pullhair:(shrug)

You can knock JR Sr all you want. The guy made some sweet covers off and on when he put his mind to it, but I found the interiors to be rather dull.

I'm a Ditko guy but I totally respect Romita for his realistic approach. But nobody could draw hot women like Jazzy John.

Double negatives? I should email this to your English teacher Cap. (tsk)

ugh. I hate typos and my little spell check thingy didn't even point it out

Hey there Spidey fans.

I've posted an article in Comics General that you all may be interested in. A composite index of key CGC graded Amazing Spider-man issues shows a price increase of 44% over the last 5 years.

The complete article is on comicpriceindex.com

If you would like to comment on the article, I would appreciate it if you would do so in the Comics General Post because I don't usually watch this thread.

Thanks!

Rhonda

Got this in the latest clink auction, the 1-20 part of my run i have to go low grade to not spend the crazy bucks. ;)

It`s my last one until SDCC unless some real bargains pop up.

I`m working on a couple short runs of DD(1-25)&(92-125,cgc 8.5-9.4) and FF(20-60) while spidey`s are a little high priced DD`s are pretty cheap so i figured i better get them now.

ASM18.jpg

This one's available from me at considerably lower cost, and has better page quality and superior registration (yes, this is shameless hijacking!):

ASM28.jpg

This one's available from me at considerably lower cost, and has better page quality and superior registration (yes, this is shameless hijacking!):

ASM28.jpg

Beautiful! (worship)

ASM28.jpg

Got a 6.5?

:baiting:

fair enough my friend, fair enough!

You just bought an AMAZ #1 CGC 1.0 right? If i might ask...what did you drop on that? :gossip: Or is that hush, hush? :popcorn:

:popcorn::popcorn: