• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

gotta post this here- this book is the fruit of much searching. now i have spidey 1-40 +AF 15! this book is a real looker for a 7.0. great colors and gloss and an unusually white back cover for a silver age 7.0 :cloud9:

myspidey1large.jpg

myspidey1largebc.jpg

gotta post this here- this book is the fruit of much searching. now i have spidey 1-40 +AF 15! this book is a real looker for a 7.0. great colors and gloss and an unusually white back cover for a silver age 7.0 :cloud9:

myspidey1large.jpg

myspidey1largebc.jpg

:whatthe: :hail: :applause:

CONGRATULATIONS!!

myspidey1large.jpg

myspidey1largebc.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS!!

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

VERY SWEET BOOK !!!!! WAY TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

myspidey1large.jpg

myspidey1largebc.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS!!

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

VERY SWEET BOOK !!!!! WAY TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I JUST MYSELF WITH SURPRISE !!!

Last night's comiclink auction wins!

For $180 I thought this was a very nice looking 3.0 with good PQ and QP. Doc Doom (thumbs u

asm5cgc30oww.jpg

I also grabbed this for $47. I'll probably crack this one out and have it as a good looking addition to my SA Spidey reading set. Again, decent PQ and below GPA = a bargain in my book:

asm36cgc60oww.jpg

For $180 I thought this was a very nice looking 3.0 with good PQ and QP. Doc Doom (thumbs u

asm5cgc30oww.jpg

That is still one of my favorite early Ditko Spidey covers outside of #19.

Spidey looks like such a dork - "Doh!" :insane:

asm5cgc30oww.jpg

Spidey 5 is my favorite spidey story. I love the way ditko draws the gadgets and backgrounds in this one. I also love the flash/spidey mix-up and the way the story unfolds. it's a true classic and it's also the first early spidey i ever owned. i bought a 5.0 at a convention in seattle back in the year 2000,

asm5cgc30oww.jpg

Spidey 5 is my favorite spidey story. I love the way ditko draws the gadgets and backgrounds in this one. I also love the flash/spidey mix-up and the way the story unfolds. it's a true classic and it's also the first early spidey i ever owned. i bought a 5.0 at a convention in seattle back in the year 2000,

actually when i was a teenager back in the mid 80's i bought a VG/VG- copy of #17 but i didn't realy get it. At the time i was into byrne x-men, starlin, and smith plus the story seemed goofy compared to many of the more serious stories that were being put out by marvel at the time. Nowadays its that goofiness and sense of fun that keep me coming back for more!

asm5cgc30oww.jpg

actually when i was a teenager back in the mid 80's i bought a VG/VG- copy of #17 but i didn't realy get it. At the time i was into byrne x-men, starlin, and smith plus the story seemed goofy compared to many of the more serious stories that were being put out by marvel at the time. Nowadays its that goofiness and sense of fun that keep me coming back for more!

Well now this is a bit coincidental, as up until now the earliest Spidey in my collection was #17 too!

The cover of #5 is great and I'm really pleased I nabbed that one. Another coincidence, my favourite early FF is #5 too and that's Doc Doom again!

The only problem I have with #5 is that Doom's forehead is HUGE and it always distracts me.

that doesn't surprise me. every complaint i have ever heard about this book has centered around ditko's rendering of doom! It's probably the reason this book doesn't command more money. True there no first appearances like in 3,4. & 6 but the first spidey vs. doom might equal them in value if not for the common disdain many collectors have for the sturdy steve version of doom. Personally i love it but kirby's is better!