• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

What would you say is the percentage on silver age books from 1965 and up that have a miswrap? I think ASM 93 is the one of the hardest out of the first 100. I've seen only one graded copy that was centered, but haven’t checked out a lot of raw copies. ASM 67 is tough especially considering the amount of graded copies, but I have seen centered copies of it. Maybe 63?

What would you say is the percentage on silver age books from 1965 and up that have a miswrap? I think ASM 93 is the one of the hardest out of the first 100. I've seen only one graded copy that was centered, but haven’t checked out a lot of raw copies. ASM 67 is tough especially considering the amount of graded copies, but I have seen centered copies of it. Maybe 63?

(shrug)

My 93 perfectly centered...

SPIDERMAN93CGC94OWW.jpg

63 perfectly centered...

SPIDERMAN63CGC94OWW.jpg

67...not quite perfectly centered...but close...

SPIDERMAN67CGC94OWW-1.jpg

Edited by trmoore54

Have you found any of the first 100 difficult to find without miswraps in 9.4 or higher? I primarily collect bronze Spideys and only recently started focusing little bit more on 39 to 100. I had about 40 bronze Spideys in 9.8, but have since sold about 12 of them off. All but my 124, 126, and 195 were nicely centered.

Have you found any of the first 100 difficult to find without miswraps in 9.4 or higher? I primarily collect bronze Spideys and only recently started focusing little bit more on 39 to 100. I had about 40 bronze Spideys in 9.8, but have since sold about 12 of them off. All but my 124, 126, and 195 were nicely centered.

In my experience, 67 is one of the hardest to find perfectly centered, along with 78, 79 and 80. But that really could be said for most of the 15 cent issues, as that was a particularly bad era for miswraps.

In my experience, 67 is one of the hardest to find perfectly centered, along with 78, 79 and 80. But that really could be said for most of the 15 cent issues, as that was a particularly bad era for miswraps.

My 78...centered...with a uniform 1/16-1/32 white spine line...

SPIDERMAN78CGC94OWW.jpg

My 79 near-perfectly-centered...slight overwrap to the back cover...

SPIDERMAN79CGC94OWW-1.jpg

My 80 perfectly-centered...

SPIDERMAN80CGC94OWW.jpg

If anything, I am a registration-freak... :headbang:

Edited by trmoore54

Thats all for now folks :banana:

WOW Bill! Nize ones!

Let's see now...

#30 in 9.4...need that one...check

#42 in 9.4...need that one...check

#35 in 9.4...need that one...check

When these become for sale you've got my number! :devil:

I forgot my 42 was in 9.4...I was thinking of my 38 which is 9.2...

SPIDERMAN42CGC94OWW-2.jpg

WOW Bill! Nize ones!

Let's see now...

Tom I must say your spideys are outstanding (worship)

Have you found any of the first 100 difficult to find without miswraps in 9.4 or higher?

Spidey 33 is almost ALWAYS miswrapped with the front wrapping to the back, as was almost every single issue from Marvel that came out the same month. FF 48 came out that month too. Kinda obvious Marvel's printer had a lot of problems that month and that they improved it fairly fast, as Spidey 34 (and FF 49) aren't nearly as often miswrapped.

WOW Bill! Nize ones!

Let's see now...

Tom I must say your spideys are outstanding (worship)

Coming from you Bill that's a real compliment! Really appreciate it! You've got some stellar copies yourself! :headbang: