• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,460 posts in this topic

funny, I just saw that its up to 55K and ran over here to ask the same question.

is it possible this will be a 100K Book? After some of the Bronze books prices we have seen, and some silver too, wouldnt this book be a candidate to reach the 100K level?

The 100K did pass through my mind, but I was soon saying to myself, "No way." I guess all it takes is two folks going at it who really want it and have the coin. :popcorn:

wel, compared to 9.6s that sell for 30K-40K, a 9.8 might be worth 100K for an older more key SA early Spidey. especially since the 2 or 3 guys with 9.6+ runs both need it.

but who knows.

Even though it is the Doc Doom cross-over, I always thought the cover was rather clunky...and the first Spider-Man that didn't introduce a new villian (recognizing that #1 had an FF cameo as well)...for me it is the weakest of the covers/issues 1-10...1 is weak too, and perhaps some would list #7 as being the 2nd Vulture, but 5 will always be the weakest to me... 2c

1 is weak too

I've always felt this way, but I tend to overlook the fact that it's the first Fantastic Four crossover. Similar crossovers in other titles that came after this one are more highly valued...the FF crossover is probably more important than the issue being the first appearance of J. Jonah Jameson.

wel, compared to 9.6s that sell for 30K-40K, a 9.8 might be worth 100K for an older more key SA early Spidey. especially since the 2 or 3 guys with 9.6+ runs both need it.

but who knows.

Even though it is the Doc Doom cross-over, I always thought the cover was rather clunky...and the first Spider-Man that didn't introduce a new villian (recognizing that #1 had an FF cameo as well)...for me it is the weakest of the covers/issues 1-10...1 is weak too, and perhaps some would list #7 as being the 2nd Vulture, but 5 will always be the weakest to me... 2c

BLASPHEMY I TELLS YA!!!!!

This cover is one of my favorites for this very reason - Spidey looks like such a dork, w/ Doom cutting his web-line.

Let's face it - Ditko had a style all his own and those quirky characters drawn with the pie in the face expressions are part of the appeal.

Compared to today's artists, they look very amatuer, but in my mind they are timeless.

but who knows.

BLASPHEMY I TELLS YA!!!!!

This cover is one of my favorites for this very reason - Spidey looks like such a dork, w/ Doom cutting his web-line.

Let's face it - Ditko had a style all his own and those quirky characters drawn with the pie in the face expressions are part of the appeal.

Compared to today's artists, they look very amatuer, but in my mind they are timeless.

Nope.com! :baiting:

but who knows.

72K with a bit over an hour left. :whatthe:

:popcorn:

I was noticing the 59 in 9.6. I remember like 7 -8 years ago I was shocked when a 9.6 sold for $600. Then as years went by, shocking as it was to me, it looked cheap. Well, anyone care to explain why a copy sold for $580 tonight? We have a crazy market right now: soft in spots, and to the moon in others.

I was noticing the 59 in 9.6. I remember like 7 -8 years ago I was shocked when a 9.6 sold for $600. Then as years went by, shocking as it was to me, it looked cheap. Well, anyone care to explain why a copy sold for $580 tonight? We have a crazy market right now: soft in spots, and to the moon in others.

I'm seeing softness across the board, with desirable issues occasionally, but not always, still going strong. The price on #59 doesn't surprise me here, as there's a high grade copy of this book in 9.6, 9.8, or both in EVERY ComicLink auction, literally. Gotta be part of a warehouse find.

Not Bad for $10.00 from driving to a Craig’s List Comic Sale.

Yes SOT does have a personal collection.

I will finally be updating my ASM Registry this week, and I think will be moving up just a little. ;)

20091118122822241_0006.jpg

Well that shouldn't be difficult...you're #98 on the list... :baiting:

Does anyone have a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #14 laying around? I'm curious if the indicia states that it is issue #15. The Marvel DVD scan of issue #14 does, but I'm not sure if it is some type of mistake on the part of the guys who made the PDF files for the DVD (the inside front cover advertisement is the same for both issues so the page might just be wrong for issue #14 on the DVD).

Does anyone have a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #14 laying around? I'm curious if the indicia states that it is issue #15. The Marvel DVD scan of issue #14 does, but I'm not sure if it is some type of mistake on the part of the guys who made the PDF files for the DVD (the inside front cover advertisement is the same for both issues so the page might just be wrong for issue #14 on the DVD).

Nope:

!BfgBjSwBmk~$(KGrHqQH-DwErf1b1,FbBLBgHT!f1!~~_3.JPG

Winnipeg Pedigree Old Label :whee:

006-11.jpg

Very Cool Bill! :headbang: Recently acquired I presume?

Here's my one Winnipeg...old label as well! :headbang::headbang:

SPIDERMAN94CGC94OWW.jpg

Awesome book Tom nothing better than a pair on Winnipegers lol take it from a guy who lives in Winnipeg.The guy who sold the Winnpeg Pedigree collection lives 5 blocks away from me :gossip:

Bill...forgot I have issue 82 Winnipeg as well... :headbang:

SPIDERMAN82CGC94OW.jpg

but who knows.

Just read this.....don't know if it's every been done...but a top ten list might be in order here...

I always thought #5 was an alright issue and a cool cover....and I would consider #8 (even though a cool Spidey pic) as one of the weaker issues of the 10 first Spideys. I guess it's because the Living Brain to me is the weakest villian of the top ten issues.

For the record these are my rank of Spidey stories in the 1st ten issues (not counting AF 15). This is not a list of most desirable, because money (price), would then help to determine that and change this list dramatically.

1) Enforcers issue #10

2) Doc Ock issue #3

3) Electro issue #9

4) Sandman issue #4

5) Lizard issue #6

6) Vulture returns issue #7

7) Dr. Doom issue #5

8) Vulture/Terrible Tinkerer issue #2

9) The Living Brain issue #8

10) The Chameleon issue #1

OK....that's MY top ten stories.... hm

This is my Top Ten Covers....

1) Enforcers issue #10

2) Doc Ock issue #3

3) Living Brain issue #8

4) Vulture issue #2

5) Electro issue #9

6) Sandman issue #4

7) Dr. Doom issue #5

8) Lizard issue #6

9) Vulture returns issue #7

10) Chameleon issue #1

I'm sure we would all have different lists....but some of the best issues I like are in the 11-20 run.... :headbang: