• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

here is one of my new addition...shocking that this is a 9.2 while the number 2 is only 8.0

Regardless, the color is super bright. This one is a beauty but there are 3 dings on the spines..mine #2 spine is much cleaner.

A8.jpg

Very nice #9 and your #2 is very sweet!

here is one of my new addition...shocking that this is a 9.2 while the number 2 is only 8.0

Regardless, the color is super bright. This one is a beauty but there are 3 dings on the spines..mine #2 spine is much cleaner.

A8.jpg

Just gorgeous !! I'm envious...again !!

A8.jpg

Of course it's a 9.2 a few spine creases and the upper left hand corner...have it pressed into a 9.4 lol

I've had this for years but newly slabbed, Mass Copy Spidey 129 9.6 White....

IMG_1715.jpg

:whatthe:

:hail:

Ok, beautiful book. It looks like they have put "Mass Copy" on the CGC label. Just curious, how is that confirmed by CGC? For signature series, someone has to witness the signing. Anyway, wonderful book.

I've had this for years but newly slabbed, Mass Copy Spidey 129 9.6 White....

IMG_1715.jpg

:whatthe:

:hail:

Ok, beautiful book. It looks like they have put "Mass Copy" on the CGC label. Just curious, how is that confirmed by CGC? For signature series, someone has to witness the signing. Anyway, wonderful book.

I've told my Mass story in another thread but in the mid-90's I was fortunate to acquire about 4 long boxes of mostly BA Mass books. These were purchased over a number of years. The OO only wanted to sell in runs but I already had a BA run of Spidey so I passed. However, I did need an upgrade on my Spidey 129 and made a strong offer on just this one book from the Spidey run = it is my only Mass Spidey book.

I started slabbing my collection about 3 years ago and documented my story when submitting Mass books to CGC. I remember waiting nearly four months for my first Mass submission as Mark Haspel made some phone calls, checked my story out, etc. CGC is very good about maintaining the integrity of pedigrees.

An interesting side note, some of the runs went well in the later 80's but they stopped recognizing the pedigree somewhere around the early 80's. I like the last issues of titles and I submitted the last issue of G.I. Combat as a Mass but they would not recognize it, as well as some late Wonder Woman books.