• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,476 posts in this topic

Hollywood Hills was a pedigree (not recognized by CGC) collection that an 18 year old boy sold his father’s collection to Jaime at socalcollectibles here in San Diego.

A lot of HG SA 9.6’s came from this collection.

Hollywood Hills was a pedigree (not recognized by CGC) collection that an 18 year old boy sold his father’s collection to Jaime at socalcollectibles here in San Diego.

Unbeknownst to the father I presume? (shrug)

A little, but the father didn't really care.

A little, but the father didn't really care.

Uncaring fathers with their Silver Age gems. :cloud9:

I can't believe this thread got to the second page! Time to change that.

A few SS copies I got back recently, signed by Stan Lee, John Romita, and Gerry Conway.

AmazingSpider-man121SS.jpg

And here's a book that I believe to be cursed. The guy who sold this to me bought it as a 9.0 Universal and sent it in to have Lee and Romita sign it. During the signing, someone's Sharpie touched the spine, giving this a color touch designation. :tonofbricks: It was a 9.0®. He offered to sell it to me and I told him I'd buy it if he could get it to a witness in time for the Gerry Conway signing. As you can see, the book got signed, but somewhere along the line it suffered some damage you've got what you see here:

AmazingSpider-man122SSR.jpg

It's a darn pretty book in my opinion with a great spine and rich colors. When I called for grader's notes, they mentioned a tape pull on the Goblin's bag that wasn't there before.

I should note that I'd trust that particular witness with my best books and I don't blame him at all. Too many places where it could have been damaged to pinpoint exactly where it was. Regardless of what the label says, I'm psyched to have a set of this storyline, let alone triple-signed copies. You don't see that very often on these issues. (thumbs u

My silver ASM collection is #1 to #50. Mostly low grade. Some slabbed. I also have a 129 slabbed 7.5. I've been lurking around these forums for a while and finaly figured I should join. :)

Welcome to the boards! :headbang:

The constant flood of sweet ASMs on these boards will likely be a source of delight and frustration for you (or maybe I should just speak for myself. :whistle:).