• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

Spidey 2-399 up on FleeceBay for a cool $85K... :whistle:

Haven't done the math to see if this is worth it but it does have a nice #14 CGC 9.4! (worship)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Spider-Man-CGC-Collection-2-399-most-9-2-9-8-/120622128383?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c15a39cff

I did the math (thank goodness for boring conference calls where you have nothing to contribute). Guess what? :idea: It adds up to about 83K just for the ASMs. I didn't even bother with the other ones, but they might make up the remaining 2K of the asking price. Me thinks he's going to have a hard time selling them in a bundle like this.

Nice work :applause:

That collection is a great match to many of the very top registry sets in the ASM complete group. That has all of the 9.8 later issues that the top sets are missing. I'd bet most of those collectors don't mess with the later issues.

Interesting. Maybe not a coincidence. hm

Who is that... reminds me of Gwen?

Naomi Watts.

Thanks, she pops up in commercials once in a while, beautiful.

I liked that ASM collection from seeing it in the registry many times, it's the #1 in the variants collection, eman31. Hopefully he will give us a shot at some of them outside of the whole set. I'll take the #14.

Yes, she is. :cloud9:

Love your ASM set, btw. :applause:

From my look it was actually a fairly impressive run. Certainly better than much of my run, to be sure. I don't know about $85K as a group, but I would bet that he would total that much selling the books individually. It would be a lot more work, but ultimately it would net a lot more money.

Who is that... reminds me of Gwen?

Naomi Watts.

Thanks, she pops up in commercials once in a while, beautiful.

I liked that ASM collection from seeing it in the registry many times, it's the #1 in the variants collection, eman31. Hopefully he will give us a shot at some of them outside of the whole set. I'll take the #14.

Yes, she is. :cloud9:

Love your ASM set, btw. :applause:

Thank you much, I won't be adding anything for a while, until I get some graded to be able to sell. I'm expecting the #12 and #52 issues from Jim(SilvrSpidey) soon. I'm going to break my AF15 out to look at it before sending it to NY next week. I'm going to be busy scanning and grading for a while. Regards,

I just got this beauty in the mail from Spider-Dan. The scan doesn't do it justice...

ASM39F.jpg

WOW! awesome is an understatement (worship)

Beautiful copy! Looks similar to mine... :headbang:

Always nice to compare copies...

My white-pager...

SPIDERMAN39CGC90W-2.jpg

I just got this beauty in the mail from Spider-Dan. The scan doesn't do it justice...

ASM39F.jpg

WOW! awesome is an understatement (worship)

Beautiful copy! Looks similar to mine... :headbang:

Always nice to compare copies...

My white-pager...

SPIDERMAN39CGC90W-2.jpg

holy schnikees! :applause::o(worship) nice!!!

As I have been getting back into things lately and slowly building my Spidey collection again, I scored this recently from a boardie and just got it in the mail today. :banana: I have always liked those dynamic, Romita's covers. Unfortunately, I couldn't get rid of all the glare.

ASM46Front.jpg