• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,460 posts in this topic

I "won" the 9.4 ASM #6, #10, #14 and #15 last night.

If I get outbid I'll have more money instead to buy FFs.

Nice pickups!

I've been kicking myself all night for not going higher on that 9.2 14 and the 4.0 AF 15. Still not sure if i will go higher on the 14 though. If that damn 4.0 AF 15 was back up, i would DEFINITELY go higher.

Edited by sufunk

LMAO!

There's definitely some nice FF's in there. After i missed the spidey 14, i had 2 FF's earmarked to go after hard and heavy! Now i gotta decide if i should go back after the ASM 14 or take down the 2 FF's hm

The question becomes whether to bid higher to protect your "winnings" or not. I was happy with my price and max bid yesterday, but of course this situation forces you to rethink and perhaps overthink and overcommit to a book you had already mentally taken ownership of. I don't know why they went all the way back to #2 with Amazing, but I guess they thought that that was the fairest way to approach the problem.

i had 2 FF's earmarked to go after hard and heavy!

Please don't soil my Fantastic Fours. (tsk)

242121477_1fed6595fb.jpg

lol!

Judging from the books you have in your sig line, i dont think you have to worry about me. The ones i'm going after are PROBABLY higher issues than you are looking at.

Then again, I may have a few surprises up my sleeve tonight :devil:

The question becomes whether to bid higher to protect your "winnings" or not. I was happy with my price and max bid yesterday, but of course this situation forces you to rethink and perhaps overthink and overcommit to a book you had already mentally taken ownership of. I don't know why they went all the way back to #2 with Amazing, but I guess they thought that that was the fairest way to approach the problem.

I think you should be ok with most of your books. I didnt see any problems with the site while your books were going so you had the legit max bid on the books you won. Of course, there could be some people like me kicking themselves that they didnt go higher that now have another shot but i'd bet that you're pretty safe.

I think you listed 5 books that you won last night. I'd guess that at least 3 of those probably will stay right where you got them.

Good luck! :wishluck: It's definitely a bad situation for people like you but hopefully will turn out the same for you.

I "won" the 9.4 ASM #6, #10, #14 and #15 last night.

If I get outbid I'll have more money instead to buy FFs.

Beautiful books there, and good prices too. I thank you for taking the #15, I really didn't want to win that along with the others I was after. The site slow down began right after the 15's.

Now CLink has messed up most bidders, who change their later bids based on the prices they got on earlier books. All of the winning bidders now have their high bids shown, which in the end will pay CLink and the sellers more. Regards,

Man, I came back to read this thread with all the new replies thinking that someone was posting up some new acquisitions only to find a bunch of whining about CLink...

Start a new thread cry-babies!

:jokealert:

:cry: I DID post my "new acquisition" only to find out that it wasn't really mine yet...

Man, I came back to read this thread with all the new replies thinking that someone was posting up some new acquisitions only to find a bunch of whining about CLink...

Start a new thread cry-babies!

:jokealert:

my last post was new acquisitions lol (thumbs u

I've checked several of the key books in the auction and only a few of them have gotten bumped with 11/17 bids so far. A few more have been double-stacked by the high bidder trying to protect their "winnings". I have a feeling that we will be talking about these results and their fallout for quite a while.

Edit added: How irritated are you right now if you were the "winner" of the highest ASM #2? That book has gone up $500 since it "closed" and ended nowhere near the time where all the problems began.

The ASM 20 9.2 went up $1000, I was tempted until it jumped.

Somebody took the 9.4 from 1koko here, at the end for $100. Mine went up a bunch so I can't do any more.

There were still a bunch of bargains, likely from the internet issue. The ASM 31 was still cheap, I noticed the 9.6 of ASM 48 still only got $787 was it. The #52's were worth the money, lots of the later books are going lower still. It looks like most people came back for the older books.

Danggit!!!

Still missed out on the 9.2 #14 :mad:

How much did the #14 bump up?

:censored: The 9.2 #25 just jumped up about 33%, $300!

4375.00 That was a tiny bit over my max. Oh well.

Couldn't sit around and wait for the FF's though. I got the 9.6 48 and the 9.4 52. Two books that i really like and 2 of the last 4 that i dont have a raw copy of between 31 and 100. So, it wasn't a total loss.

Would have liked to get either the 9.8 or 9.6 #64 ( I LOVE that cover) but both outbid me and wasn't willing to go higher. Gotta save some for a few X-men i MUST have (thumbs u

The ASM 20 9.2 went up $1000, I was tempted until it jumped.

Somebody took the 9.4 from 1koko here, at the end for $100. Mine went up a bunch so I can't do any more.

There were still a bunch of bargains, likely from the internet issue. The ASM 31 was still cheap, I noticed the 9.6 of ASM 48 still only got $787 was it. The #52 were worth the money, lots of the later books are going lower still. It looks like most people came back for the older books.

Woohoo! :banana:

I got both the 48 and 52! For some reason, no matter what GPA says, i feel alot better when others think it went cheap! lol