• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,462 posts in this topic

The CGC 8.0 copy below that I got from seanfingh last year is only slightly trapezoidal but it's still there (6-7/8" along the top edge and 6-3/4" along the bottom edge). So only about 1/8" difference.

AmazingSpider-Man25CGC80.jpg

I did not win this one but how beautiful is that cover on the 9.2 25???

I was so focused on the 14 yesterday, i never really considered this one until it was too late. I wish i would have forgot about the 14 and went after this one last night. Kicking my self bigtime! I cant stop looking at that cover!

spidey3.jpg

I agree, I was the underbidder on Tuesday. I considered bidding again on this book Wednesday but I decided not to participate in any reopen bidding at all.

This is beautiful book. I would have been more aggresive in my bidding on Tuesday but it looked a little miscut to me. I now realize, from the above posts, that it is common on this issue. Good info to know.

Nothing earth-shattering for me but I did pick up a couple of decent copies.

RAD0948D20101026_11150.jpg

RAD7263E20091023_141448.jpg

(worship) "Decent" indeed!

I had never noticed those sorts of miscuts before (getting back to the #25) but it was recently pointed out to me on these boards that DD #7 has it commonly as well (narrower at the top, opposite from the ASM #25). I have a TOS #34 that has this as well, and it seems to be common to that book as well. It would be worthwhile to get a list of these things so we can all be more informed buyers.

Ditto on the 72! That is a REALLY nice book! I didnt see what it ended up going for but with that cover, thats a "at any price" book in my mind.

The 83 is sweet also of course but that 72 cover is a stunner! (worship)

Here was my haul from the Spidey lot. Missed a few i would have loved to have but REALLY happy with these 2 books. In my eyes, both look VERY nice for the grade and price.

spidey1.jpg

spidey2.jpg

Congrats on the # 52. I was the "winner" of it on Tuesday night. Didn't feel like bidding anymore after the re-run nonsense. I think I originally won 7 SA Spideys, and ended up with only two after last night.

BTW, that "glare" at the top of the book looks to be distributor overspray. Who knows how bad it looks on the back, but it blends in well on a dark cover.

:blush: Sorry about that!

The 52 really wasnt even on my radar but after the near miss on the 14, i had to drown my sorrows with something! lol I really only went as high as i did because the 48 went alot lower than i was prepared to spend on it and even with whatever is at the top, i thought the 52 had a REALLY nice looking cover.

Maybe i'll make it up to you by taking down your FF 14 for you, any chance you could post or PM me a link to it?

Damn! Missed the FF 14 9.0 white.

I REALLY wanted that book! That thing was NICE!

I was underbidder at $914...went for $955... :tonofbricks:

There is a gorgeous 9.4 in the ComicConnect auction ending in a few weeks that belongs to a wonderful fellow. :shy:

That #14 of yours is a nice copy, I'm watching that one too, though with no money left. (thumbs u

The CGC 8.0 copy below that I got from seanfingh last year is only slightly trapezoidal but it's still there (6-7/8" along the top edge and 6-3/4" along the bottom edge). So only about 1/8" difference.

AmazingSpider-Man25CGC80.jpg

My scan is cut off but looks like mine is the same as well...interesting...

SPIDERMAN25CGC90OW-1.jpg

Yes, I know what you mean. I had the highest bid on #2 ASM 9.0. I watched the bid pretty closely when it re-opened and no other bids were made. Then at the last second some one increased the bid by $100. I am bit frustrated, as CLINK policy is to extend the bidding time for a couple minutes to allow bidders to increase the bid, otherwise, someone can nab the book at the last minute just like on Ebay. This did not happen and now I am out on the ASM #2 9.0 White paged beauty. Oh well, I still managed to get ASM #4 9.0.

Yes, I know what you mean. I had the highest bid on #2 ASM 9.0. I watched the bid pretty closely when it re-opened and no other bids were made. Then at the last second some one increased the bid by $100. I am bit frustrated, as CLINK policy is to extend the bidding time for a couple minutes to allow bidders to increase the bid, otherwise, someone can nab the book at the last minute just like on Ebay. This did not happen and now I am out on the ASM #2 9.0 White paged beauty. Oh well, I still managed to get ASM #4 9.0.

No, some other sites extend an auction when late bids are placed but Clink has never done that. I have sniped many a Clink auction and it has never extended. I was protecting my "win" on a copy of #12 and made sure that my max bid was in just in case someone hit it again. Sorry for your loss, though. I really liked that 9.0.